Up Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2017 Move Up 2 door Auto which will probably be my last buy since I'll be 90 years old later this year. Lovely little car which I already love to bits. However, I was very worried about about the expensive noises coming from low down at the back of the car. Making use of my new membership I quickly found the answer to my problem, a loose heat shield which will only cost a couple of penny washers to fix. Thank you members.馃槉

Registered
I have said i will probably get my last car when i am in my 90s but i have some time to go. I am only a young OAP at the moment. I have an UP GTI and will probably get a Mini Cooper Automatic next and then a Toyota Aygo Automatic as my final car, unless anything new comes out.
Enjoy your car.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. My main vehicle is a campervan very similar to a Romahome R30 which I hope to keep until it performs it's last duty as my hearse. I bought a basic model Toyota Aygo for local runs which didn't have AC, so the Up was bought mainly for that as hot weather causes me breathing problems. I had never heard of or seen the VW Up until I saw mine in the dealers showroom, so I was mainly luck that I landed myself with his great little car. 馃榾

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Major disappointment, the heat shield istill appears to be firmly fixed and I must look elsewhere for the cause of the rear clanging sound when doing over 50mph. 馃槬

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could be thanks for the suggestion. It all looks so new under there, only done 20,000. I was convinced it was something flapping about in the wind down there. I would have bet money on it being the heat shield. I'll have to take it back to the dealer and all that involes. I could do with out all that palaver at my age.

Registered
Major disappointment, the heat shield istill appears to be firmly fixed and I must look elsewhere for the cause of the rear clanging sound when doing over 50mph. 馃槬
Have you checked the spare wheel well? Could be something loose in there. Try emptying the boot completely and checking the spare and tool kit is stored securely. It can be like an echo chamber in there!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I've had everything out and checked, all is secure. It's defiantly something rattling around the near-side rear wheel-arch.Weird.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts