Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up a new Seat Mii SE 60 in Tornado next week.

I had been looking at the UP, Citigo and Mii.
Went with the Mii as this seemed best value.
New cost was only £7250 including 3 years servicing and PID (Maps & More).
Equivalent Up or Citigo would have been approx £2500-£3000 more so seemed a no-brainer.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Have you seen the TV ads for Aldi? It could go like this.....I like these ones(Up!) and I like these ones too!(Mii) lol

Dont take any notice of Autocars' review - apart from the steering wheel & front end its an Up! so I cant see why they slate it ! You will love it im sure!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I agree with Bob Up. Apart from the cosmetics they are really identical so I don't get Autocar's criticism either.

Being an ageing boy racer I actually fancied the Mii Sport with stripes, black wheels and the chequered flag dash but my wife thought it was a mid life crisis thing so we had a nice sensible Up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bristol Street had 10 at that price. Supposedly they had taken a large order of Seat Leon's (about 70 i think) therefore Seat had given them the Mii's to sell at a discounted price. I believe they all sold in a couple of days. I think Pentagon are selling the SE for about £7500 until the end of the month, this seems the best deal at the moment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do like your Vibora Negra kit. I might look into getting the black alloys. How are the black stripes wearing on your car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Have just ordered the MII SE in silver for collection next week. Looked around but colour was limited to the yellow apparently at the £7500 price range I was told, although seemed competitive. There was some confusion as I was asked were dealers including the satnav/bluetooth unit within the quoted price when I was trying to compare. Apparently included as a free extra on the SE (I'm told) until the end of the month. I liked the Skoda given there was the option of a darker interior and it didn't come with the white dashboard but prices were £1,000 extra for similar spec. Overall with the extra for metalic came in at £7,900 including the satnav/bluetooth. Has anyone had trouble with marking the sills or looked at buying sill protectors and if so what's recommended?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, incredible prices. Wish I'd waited longer before ordering mine. For cheap extras go for stripes. Mine cost less than £100 and make the side profile of the car much more attractive. See my thread 'Seat Mii - love it', from Nov 2012 for photos. I'm thinking about removing the rear stripe and just leaving the side stripes. Otherwise the cars been great. My wife has now done nearly 6 k miles and still running sweet. Indicated long term mpg is 64mpg, although real mpg is probably lower.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yes, stripes are black, with a thin 7mm strip above a thicker bottom stripe. Was done by a local outfit in Norwich called Unique Signs. They do a lot of work for the local Mini dealer as the quality of the Vinyl used is better than that used by the car manufacturers. There are loads of car and van signage companies around the country. Just Google 'auto graphics' or 'vinyl wraps'. Incidentally I copied mine from the stripes that Skoda supply for the Citigo. Look at their accessory brochure. However, it'll be cheaper to spec your own.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok so don't collect car till Saturday but already ordered:
Brighter DRL's
Boot Liner
Sill covers
Carry case for Sat-Nav

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ha! you get a free carry case with an Up!
so there

Its all Mii Mii Mii with you lot

1 - 20 of 35 Posts