Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been keeping an almost stalker-like eye on the VW website lately (can't stop pineing over the high up!) and I noticed today (forgot to look yesterday) that being the start of a new month and that all the other offers were due to expire at the end of June, they've updated it with some different offers.

Seems from the PCP side of things they're pushing the Move up rather than the Take up now (advertising it as from £99/month).

But the biggest change is they've (very quietly) starting advertising one years free insurance on all but the Take up, so long as you're over 21 I believe.

That and the fixed price servicing seems to be down to £249 (like Seat/Skoda) or £199 when taken with the PCP.

Only issue is the PCP APR seems to have gone up from 6.0% to 6.1% or 6.3% depending on where you look.

Also, not sure how, but it seems a High up per month is more than it was before, I'm sure of it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thanks for the update. The High up usually represents the best value as the monthly payments are about the same as the other models yet more kit. Please keep the updates coming in!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think they now allow 48 month payments. Pretty sure it was 36 months max for the High Up we were specc'ing

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah saw that earlier, thanks for reminding me, forgot about that one. I think it was greyed out before but the 44 month option is now available.

·
Registered
101 Posts
We are picking our up! up today!! I'll be trying my absolute hardest they honour the offer on the Insurance - judging by the website though its not done through the dealer so hopefully will have no problems. Fixed priced servicing for £199 - yes please!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank youDaedalus!
I rang VW insurance and even though I ordered my Up! White last month, because I'm not collecting it until Monday 8th July (I was due to collect it last weekend, but strained my back so had to delay it) I have been offered free insurance for 1 year plus I've got the free 1 week's drive away insurance too.

Interestingly, although we didn't technically qualify for the free insurance because my wife had a fault claim (a dog ran in front of her car) we were offered a better policy (lower excess plus 3rd party insurance on another car) for free instead - saving me around £150.

Just after I rang VW insurance the dealer rang me to tell me about the free insurance and the £199 servicing offer, so I saved another £50 on the servicing too.

A "silver lining moment" I think!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome news! Glad I could help in some way :) Love it when people save money!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cheers for this as well! I ordered my Up on the 9th june and when the new offers came out for july my dealership apparently said they cant give out the free insurance as the car was ordered before july. Fair to say I kicked up a fuss and got in touch with VW Insurance and they had no problem in offering me the free insurance
I think the issue with the dealership/Vw themselves was that they wanted to offer the free insurance from july but were telling dealerships to stop any discounts on the list price of the up's, where as I had already ordered mine and got a decent discount of around £650 from the list price, so they werent making alot of profit from me, along with having to give me the free insurance. Not that I care though
haha.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for this info - I ordered my High Up in June but I am not collecting until 1st Sept - I was gutted to see the free insurance offer and I assumed that i had missed out on it. I will be phoning VW insurance and checking to see if I will be able to take advantage of this too - if you dont ask, you dont get right!!!! I will let you know if I am successful or not!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hannah2 said:
Thanks for this info - I ordered my High Up in June but I am not collecting until 1st Sept - I was gutted to see the free insurance offer and I assumed that i had missed out on it. I will be phoning VW insurance and checking to see if I will be able to take advantage of this too - if you dont ask, you dont get right!!!! I will let you know if I am successful or not!

You should do, I ordered my Up in May - collected on 9th of July when the offer started 1st of July and I received the free insurance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, well I went and saw my new HighUP on Saturday and chose the reg number (from a limited list) Also I got confirmation that I will get the free insurance so that is a bonus I wasnt expecting! I just have to wait now until September 1st to collect it!!! Its frustrating that it is sat at the garage and I cant have it!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
It will be worth the wait!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts