Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone! I'm from Spain and I just bought a VW Up! Fender 75cv few weeks ago. This car is amazing. Easy to drive and easy to park.

The only thing I'm unhappy is that my car doesn't have the Navigation Portable System but I see on other post of this forum how to fit it

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Alvaro,

and welcome to the forum!

Oh! It is called "Fender up!" in Spain!
I visited your VW website now ...

Seems to be what is called "Groove up!" in Germany.
Both have the same special grey striped seats with the orange fancy seam (and Fender Sound System as standard).

In Germany the M&M is standard for the Groove up!. I had a look at the Spanish website. There must have been something wrong at your dealer! Navigation is standard in Spain too for the Fender up! !!!

Go to your dealer and ask him about the navigation - which is included as the website says (and I also 100% know from German Groove up!s). You must already have a plastic cover plate on your dash for the M&M navigation???

The Garmin M&M for the "Fender up!" is very special as it shows the Fender logo when turned on.

Go over the Fender up choise and a popup will tell you, that it is included!
http://app.volkswagen.es/ihdcc/es/configurator.html#30000

Hope you will get the navigation system!
Do you have the plastic cover fot it in your dash? Maybe a worker or a customer at your dealer stole it before the car was handed to you? My dealer kept my M&M at a save place (at the info desk) before it was handed to me. And my dealer also sayed "You have no M&M" and I said: "Yes, I have!". Then the dealer went to the info deask and there it was. Maybe it is somewhere save at your dealer???

Good luck
Andreas

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yes in the UK the 'Groove UP!' has the M&M unit as standard.

As cadfael says, do you have a little plastic cover where the satnav/M&M system should be installed? If yes then you should have an M&M unit 100%.

Indeed it would make no sense to market the Groove/Fender UP! without the M&M as the model is designed specifically to make bespoke use of it (such as the Fender logo coming up on the unit itself).

·
Registered
252 Posts
In the UK the Maps & More arrive at the dealers separately.

They are ordered by the parts department, they don't come from the factory in the cars.

Some owners have reported them being on back order & having to wait after collection of the car to get the unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I know about M&M is standard on my model, but the problem is that the car is one of the first units made and it does not have the M&M system mounted (the car was made on Jan'14). In fact, it doesn't have the hole on the dash. I have pending to investigate if it has the cable connexion mounted on the radio or not. If it is I just have to bought the M&M system and the support and made one hole on the dash

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

What color is your Fender Up!? Do you have any photo?

PD: I'm also from Spain, I have a dark blue High Up! since last month :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts