Up Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
Just bought this 2018 TSi (90ps) in red and "Sound" - package a few weeks ago.
About 24K on the clock with heated seats, beep beep in reverse and sea sickness-inducing original suspension.
Really happy to have gotten this one, as there were only 2 Tsi's for sale in the whole country and it was owned by an older couple.
This is my second up - first one was a 1S MPi with 60hp in black and 16 inch triangles ( miss the standard suspension from that one! ).
Absolutely love the car and look forward to hanging with you guys and contributing to the collective as a fellow Up-ster.
Currently eyeballing AP Coilovers and some "more appropriate" tires ... Cheers and Greetings to all from Vienna!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Grille Hood Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Very nice car, welcome !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, thanks guys!

Nice car, welcome, it is so interesting that you choosed to repeat buying another Up!
I am also loving driving my Up!
Yeah, I really enjoyed the whole concept of having a short wheel base and a wide track with virtually no overhangs (no weight in front of the front axle and behind the rear one). Also loved how it was transformed when I added the 16" Triangle (wheels) with Conti-Sport-Contacts on it. The turn-in and stability was amazing. So much grip and balance in turns that I could't get the wheels to start chirping. I drove it a few times to the Mediterranean sea and couldn't believe that at max speed (60hp - 160 km/h) it would only consume 6,2 litres (90-100 Oktane) / 100 km and it would feel as stable as a ... let's say a Skoda Octavia or and Audi A3. The gears were really tall so at 160 it wouldn't rev that high. It was just a lot louder at those speeds than the cars I mentioned. I owned a lot of cars in my life but the up! just keeps putting a smile on my face (especially the TSi).

But you are in a real "VW-up!-Country" !!! Brasil! There is so much aftermarket stuff and tuning going on with the VW up! in your country.
Yours looks nice in silver and the blacked out windows. Kinda' like the fact that the Brasil-up! has windows in the rear that can actually be pulled up and down.

so long ...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome fellow TSI owner!
I have to recommend getting a stage 1 remap up to 130-140hp... as there's no GTI badge on the TSI models, you can give other cars a real surprise :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome fellow TSI owner!
I have to recommend getting a stage 1 remap up to 130-140hp... as there's no GTI badge on the TSI models, you can give other cars a real surprise :)
Thank You!

Absolutely.(y) Already looked into it. Even stock at 0-50 (within the city) it gives bigger and higher horsepower cars a good run for their money.

·
Registered
VW UP GTI tornado red
239 Posts
Nice car the TSi is also pretty rare over in the UK too. I completely agree with your comments on ride & handling. They are so good and feels like a much bigger car. Like you I will also be on my 2nd UP when I collect it from the dealer tomorrow 😃

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like you I will also be on my 2nd UP when I collect it from the dealer tomorrow
Fantastic! Best of luck with the new car! Gtis are awesome and the suspension is ... let's say ... more adequate then the standard ones on the TSis. Hope to see some pics too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts