Up Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats it used car values are so high I could not resist. The test drive also sealed the deal. Where our current car is nice and comfy. The GTI is a drivers car and it wants you to enjoy it. Its a special thing like a return to the old days of my GTI ownership. And its so much quicker than our 125bhp Fiesta.

So what spec have I chosen. Well im glad you asked :) It had to be Tornado Red. My first and best most loved GTI was in this colour. But I have added the black roof and gone 5 door as this was a stipulation by swmbo. We have also gone for the passenger seat height adjustment as again swmbo wanted this too. And lastly we selected light & sight and cruise & park.

So thats it and now we just wait for as long as it takes.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Light and sight is such a bargain but I hardly ever see it on used Ups. Good call.

Did the dealer give you an ETA ?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You'll love it!
Even the Mrs had a big smile on her face after the test drive. This was after the inside wheel felt like it span on wet bit of road on a bend as she put her foot down. How will I keep my licence clean she said. But its a proper hoot to drive and brilliant in sixth at motorway speeds. Standard stereo (assumed as no Beats emblems) was excellent in my opinion. The steering is pointy and direct. The gearbox & clutch have a lovely feel too.

Sound aktuator was not as bad as I was thinking it would be. And actually sounds quite good. But is there a setting to turn it down/off ?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Light and sight is such a bargain but I hardly ever see it on used Ups. Good call.

Did the dealer give you an ETA ?
Yes I thought so too and I decided it would be silly not to include it. Decided against climate. Yes it looks good and is arguably better than AC. But for us we didnt really see any real benefit over the other options. And we like the retro look of the dials.

Dealer quoted 13 to 15wks but asked us to be patient. Which we will.

By the way where are the UP GTi manufactured ?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So now I will be driving like Miss Daisy until collection day 😟

Anyway my current car needs its first service in October at my cost. Do I get it done bearing in mind I have told the dealer its not had its first service yet. Do I get it done ?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
No, unless it affects dealer's offer (I assume a trade-in?).

We're counting the months until you are forced into a his 'n' hers pair of cars....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, unless it affects dealer's offer (I assume a trade-in?).

We're counting the months until you are forced into a his 'n' hers pair of cars....
Yes trade in. Dealer assured us whatever the value of our car is, come collection day our payments will remain as agreed.

I can see me getting another UP, Citygo, Mii as a 2nd car as I will be needing a car for winter.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
You may be lucky - the Up is a far simpler car in terms of the number and types of CPUs needed, and the lower the option list, the better. For example, all the instruments are still old-world analogue, albeit that they are controlled by the ECU or BCM. As I understand it, it is more modern and complex chips most hit.

Anyway, we're all rooting for you, as we've all been there (although not as badly as in the current times!)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You may be lucky - the Up is a far simpler car in terms of the number and types of CPUs needed, and the lower the option list, the better. For example, all the instruments are still old-world analogue, albeit that they are controlled by the ECU or BCM. As I understand it, it is more modern and complex chips most hit.

Anyway, we're all rooting for you, as we've all been there (although not as badly as in the current times!)
Appreciate that Steve thanks. Actually the finance manager said something very similar to what you have written and it does make sense. Anyway we wont be cancelling anytime soon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So on Monday the dealer sent us our order number and told us to download the We Connect app. Once VW have acknowledged the order we are told we will be able to progress it. I have downloaded it but no clue where to look to track our order. Anybody have any idea ?

·
Registered
360 Posts
So on Monday the dealer sent us our order number and told us to download the We Connect app. Once VW have acknowledged the order we are told we will be able to progress it. I have downloaded it but no clue where to look to track our order. Anybody have any idea ?

Apps are too techie for me, but i believe from what i have seen on here the order tracking can be bit slow to update.

It can say loading onto the ship when in fact the car is already in the UK.

You have gone for the best colour Red like mine. The shine is lovely when the car is clean.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an Up GTI on order. It was built in week 33 (20th August) with a dealer estimated delivery 20th September. Hopefully the current transport issues will not affect this too much. I'll keep you informed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts