Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collected my red Move Up! from the Dealers on Wednesday. Absolutely love it - keep finding excuses to drive to places!! I just have one question - possibly something the more experienced members can answer. I really like the Maps & More gadget but it wasn't in my budget when I ordered, however, my Up! has a removable triangle shape (technical name) with connectors underneath. Does this mean I am able to upgrade at a future date? Appreciate any advice, thanks.

·
Registered
587 Posts
roxy23 said:
Collected my red Move Up! from the Dealers on Wednesday. Absolutely love it - keep finding excuses to drive to places!! I just have one question - possibly something the more experienced members can answer. I really like the Maps & More gadget but it wasn't in my budget when I ordered, however, my Up! has a removable triangle shape (technical name) with connectors underneath. Does this mean I am able to upgrade at a future date? Appreciate any advice, thanks.

If you have the connector then yes you can buy the M&M at any point for about £290 and upgrade. Well worth the money IMO and your car will be worth about £300 more with it come trade in. So in effect pays for itself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Up Black so got the Maps & More as standard, which I use a lot. All the features work really well, sat nav, hands free phone etc etc and is so easy to remove & stow.

·
Registered
705 Posts
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">Or keep an eye on eBay as there have been a few selling for a good deal less than £300.

Nick

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you have the money ready now, there is a listing on ebay for £200 if you were to search "Genuine VW UP maps and more". Seems very good value if you have the tech know how to fit it :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much for all your help & advice. Think I'd better start saving my pennies!! I'll also keep an eye on EBay!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi BigladUK, was just wondering how easy it was to set up your EBay purchase of M&M? Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
This thread will tell you everything you need

http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/retrofitting-maps-more-solved_topic1041.html

But in summary, you need the wiring harness, metal bracket and blanking plate ( as well as the Maps & More and arm in the kit off ebay ) Parts total are about £88

I haven't done the full install yet, I've simply removed the radio and connected the wiring harness to make sure everything works...and it does. Now I have to cut a hole in the dash to put the dock connector in place which I'll be doing tomorrow.

So far it's been fairly easy ( even easier if I'd bought or owned the proper tools ) but the difficult part is going be the cutting...wish me luck

When I bought my Maps + More from ebay this onehttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330833388938?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2661 was available and didn't get bid ( it had a starting bid of £100 ) and as you can see it actually sold to one bidder at £80. These things don't seem very popular I guess because they are only for UPs and most UP owners will either have one with their car or don't want to attempt to cut a hole in the dashboard.

So my point is if you want to buy one just take your time and wait for a cheap one. There is one for BIN £199 at the moment but I see little point in paying that much

Si

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the advice & info. My Up! appears to already have the connector all set up & my VW dealer reliably informs me that all I need to get going is the actual M&M device so I'll be keeping an eye on EBay!!! Good luck with the cut (you're braver than me!!).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very strange that you have the slot there to plug it into as you only get that usually on one which has been ordered with it,it should be a solid bit with no removable piece.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know, I was resigned to not having the gadget but the triangle piece definitely comes out!!! There are the connectors for plugging something in.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Perhaps they have decided to put the connector in for all cars. Surely It's crazy not to as it must be a seller for navigon and vw.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts