Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just ordered my brand new 5-door, High Up! Delivery in 4 weeks time once we're back from holiday. Sooo excited.

Can anyone tell me just roughly what they pay for their annual insurance for the car? I'm in my 40's, no points etc.

Just looking for a rough ball park figure.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm in my 40's too. Full no claims, no points, Paid £175 with AA. Includes partner and protected no claims plus legal cover. Could have got if £30/40 cheaper with insurance companies I'd never heard of.

HTH

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great Stuff McGrit - thanks for that. It seems that all good things come with an UP!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
£185 fully comp with Direct Line. Mine is an additional car so no transferable NCD and one shared fault accident 2 years ago. Don't forget that other factors like where you live, your job, where you park overnight etc.

Nick

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Nick. It seems I should easily come under the £200 mark, which I was hoping for.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It does not take long to put your details into a price comparison site (Direct Line do not use them so it may be worth going to them too). There is a facility for "registration unknown" and put the delivery date down for when delivery is known or within 30 days if sooner. That will give you a much better idea of cost.

Nick

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi ljduk1. I'm 39 and my wife is 32. We pay £158 fully comp with legal cover through Natwest. We also get breakdown cover andboth of ushave maximum no claimswith no claims on our insurance in nearly 8 years. That's on my High Up! 75BHP Bluemotion 13 plate.

Enjoy your new Up! you'll love it! It's the wait that's the killer!!!

I hope this helps.

Matt

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm 50, with 3 points, 10 yrs NCD, living in a good postcode.

For a 5 door, leased (makes insurance a little more expensive) Take Up!, fully comp., with cash-back, I am paying £87 per year.

Edited by: Whyone?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the info - i'll definitely check that deal out.

Great to hear you are enjoying the car. I've read great things about it and can't believe the spec on it and especially looking forward to a wee hot seat in the winter

Linda

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for your input. As a newbie to the forum and not even got my car yet, it's great to hear that everyone's enjoying the car!!

Many thanks :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi everyone,

I picked up my wee 5 door High UP on Friday and was covered under the free VW 7day policy. I had asked you guys for ballpark figures for insurance prior to collecting my car.

I finally went with Tesco Car Insurance at a cost of £170 with protected no claims and my husband on the policy. I also registered on the VW site for the free 3year VW Ensurance who will work with any insurance company should I need them and peace of mind that all parts will be genuine VW parts fitted by VW trained mechanics. Much cheaper than VW themselves who had given me a quote of £247.

Plus I get my Tesco points

Linda

1 - 12 of 12 Posts