Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My new high up as a daily in Mayan blue :) picked up last Thursday, love this little thing. And I shouldn't be but I'm already looking at air/Schmidt wheels haha :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yh I do love the colour, can get a mirror finish of it when I'm done :) and you are right about the alloys they are my favourite out of them all. But still looking to swap :p

·
Registered
88 Posts
Very nice UP! My Mayan blue should be here in the next two-three weeks and I really cannot wait

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yh it's an awesome colour and gets a few looks tbh :p just need a nice set of wheels I can colour code and air now ;) haha

·
Registered
149 Posts
Great colour. Just the right balance of cheeky and classy. Love it.
Reminds me of the colour of my old florida blue MK1 VW Golf. I expect the up! family is not much smaller than the MK 1 Golf.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi moly, I bought my wife the Mayan blue such a lovely colour it definitely
Stands out in the car park you will always find it quickly .hope you have
Loads of fun and trouble free motoring with your new car .welcome to the forum .
Regards phill....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello, I'm new here and am busy looking at pictures on the forum whilst I wait for my Up to arrive. I ordered it a month ago but have to wait another 8 weeks or so due to the spec. I've ordered a High Up! In Mayan Blue with the sensor pack and ASG transmission .
I'm feeling slightly nervous about the ASG as I've read bad reviews about the Up ASG version. I'm having to make the transfer from manual though due to having problematic a hip and shoulder , fortunately both on the left side. I'm looking forward to having the heated seats in winter too and giving my poor achy limbs a rest. I'll still drive a manual car occasionally but the Up will be my main car.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Hi kat, you will love it, asg is just fine....worry not!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Hi kat, you will love it, asg is just fine....worry not!
+1

I drive a manual high up! but I trust Privatedoc and Beevee (who has ASG too - and loves he loves it).
Beevee (or others) can surely tell you more how to behave best with ASG.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thank you for your encouragement. I'm feeling nervous about changing to ASG but now see that it will be ok if I can learn the tricks of driving it properly ie using the manual changes or kick down function. When I had the test drive I only used the drive function as the sales rep couldn't advise me on when I should use the + or - options. The gear changes did feel clunky but I thought that was due to my inexperience with the ASG . I only got nervous after I had ordered my car when I came across such a large volume of reviews saying that the ASG wasn't a good buy. I guess I'll just have to wait for my car to arrive then try to adapt my driving to enable me to get the most from the ASG.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Beevee and others will surely write something!

Without ever having driven it ...
People who want a system like they want it to be might not like the ASG ...
If you are interested / get used to how the ASG works, it's something compeletly differnt.

I never had AC before (I am 50 now, drove Polo and Lupo).
I asked myself why the windows have fog from the OUTSIDE when it rains!

Today I had the idea that the air from the fan in the car might be too cool because of the AC system?! Put the AC a bit "higher" - worked! Fog from outsideRead has gone!

Read the manual how the ASG works, ask in the forum - and it will be a good system.
Very often, the fault is big - and sits on the driver's seat ...

You surely don't have to learn everything new - you just have to get used to the system (and possibilities it offers) ...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi kat. You say you're worried about changing to asg, I would suggest going back to the dealer.
and going for another test drive and give it a thoroughly good run, as to put your mind at ease.
As the dock said, you will be fine. Go for it, beautiful choice by the way. Kind regards. Phill

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for your encouragement. The dealer whom it's on order with is some way away as they offered me a much better deal than did my local dealer. ASG is the right choice for my poorly shoulder and hip so I am determined to adapt to driving it in a way that enables me to get the most from it. I wasn't worried about it until I read all the disparaging reviews but I liked the comment ( sorry I forget whose it was) that said that the biggest problem with ASG is often the person on the steering wheel :). That problem I can definitely overcome if I apply myself to understanding how to use it properly. I just need to wait for it to arrive now and then get on with it.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hi Kat. Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of the Up! On forums like these you are more likely to read adverse rather than favourable comments, such is human nature I'm afraid. The ASG has an automatic clutch as opposed to an automatic gearbox and if you have never driven an automatic car before you will not notice any difference. As has been already said much depends on the way it is driven, if you were driving a manual car you would not keep your foot pressing on the accelerator when changing gear and so driving the ASG requires gentle acceleration for smooth gear change. When necessary for faster acceleration there is a kick down function which will produce a less smooth gear change or a manual function where you can hold a gear for a longer time for maximum acceleration and by easing off when changing will produce better results. I'm sure you will have much pleasure driving your new Up! and if you have any problems we are here to help. If you happen to live in East Anglia drop me a private message and I would be happy to take you out in mine or there may be other members nearby who would be happy to do the same.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thank you Beevee for taking the time to write such a detailed response. It was very helpful and informative. The sales rep that accompanied me on my test drive didn't seem much more clued up than I was. When I asked her about when I should use the plus and minus functions on the gear box she said to ignore them as I would only need drive, reverse and neutral! I'm getting my car from a different dealership , in Bristol, I'm in Wales . The new dealer has promised me a 90 min set up session before I drive away so should hopefully be able to answer any questions. I'm afraid that I do tend to worry about things that haven't happened. I'm sure that actually driving it will be a much better experience than I was anticipating. It's good to read some favourable comments as on the whole I'm very excited about getting my UP!
Thanks again .

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
You are most welcome Kat. Sounds like you have found a good dealer. Mine also spent a good deal of time running through everything including a familiarisation drive with the salesman. Some have found locking and unlocking the petrol cap a little troublesome so make sure they demonstrate that to you. Mine also set up Maps and More including pairing my phone so get them to that too. Hope the time doesn't drag too much before you get your car and I'm sure you will not be disappointed.Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Yes, if you have Maps&More,the sales rep should run through the setup togehter with you.
Was the first time in my live I activated BlueTooth on my smartphone ...

And after typing my home address I also typed a first "favorite" (company I work in) just to see if I understood the menu ...

I spent about half a year in the UK and German up! forums before I got my brand new up!. When the sales rep explained the reverse I had to correct here because there had been a gear box change for manual up!s in production some weeks before (I knew about because of the forums).

So, a mix between skilled and satisfied ASG forum users (like Beevee) and the sales rep recommondation is best. The sales rep doesn't drive ASG every day and some forum members might know "useful tricks".
The first drive is also easyer if you already learnt a few basic things ...

Edited by: Cadfael

1 - 20 of 25 Posts