Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, took delivery of my new High Up! yesterday, a metallic night blue number. Starting to see a fair few Ups around but none the same colour as mine yet.

Loving the car so far, have noticed that it absolutely loves to work through the gears as quickly as possible. Any driving tips?Edited by: squaretiger

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi and welcome. Night Blue metallic is the colour I would have wanted....but alas not an option on our Take Up! Driving tips?.....Run your Up! in....take it steady for about 1000 miles....don't over rev and don't labour the engine....Hard to do I know but it will be wellworth it. I have done 820 miles in ours and it is now feeling more nippier and smoother and I have never yet used more than half throttle.I can't wait to give it some "Welly"...and I will in 200 miles time.Then every thing is bedded in and you can have some fun!
Go well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome to the Night Blue club!

I too don't see many here in Denmark, I have seen 2 and then there is mine... However I see 5-6 UPs in Red white, grey or black every single day...
I am so glad I waited for the Night Blue...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Nice car, but I am very biased.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Welcome to the forum squaretiger I agree with night owl if you can resist over revving the engine for the first 1000 miles or so it will help bed the engine in.

I wanted the night blue I think it is a lovely colour but the delivery was 14 weeks so I went for a black High UP! that took 4 weeks.
Very pleased with it so far
Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips on the engine, I'm treating it gently so far. I did let a couple of friends & family members have a wee derive round the block and immediately regretted it when I heard the noise they were making with the gear box - had to remind both it was a VW not a Panzer!

I'll maybe just keep it just for me for the considerable future :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts