Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Collecting my new Move up! tomorrow. Tornado red 5 door, I resisted most of packages but opted for full size spare wheel and the sound pack. Looking forward to it but have you guys with longer ownership got any tips for a new owner - or things to watch out for? What mpg is realistic? My neighbour has the Skoda Citigo and gets 60mpg on a run. Is this your general experience? All thoughts welcome.<div id="LCS_FE1DEEEA_DB6D_44b8_83F0_34FC0F9D1052_communicationDiv">

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi and welcome.Lots of useful stuff on this forum....and snap ( tornado red 5 door ).We have only done about 240 miles as yet so all I can say at the moment is no problems at all.Great cars for the price. We did a 60 mile trip over Easter and the maps and more showed 62.7mph....so well pleased.
Enjoy tomorrow,

Go well.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Mpg depends on your driving style and type of journey last summer I was getting 75mpg on way to work and 65mpg on the way home, more down hill driving going to work.

Things to watch out for are leaving your parcel shelf up, you will do it at some point

Fuel filler cap if your not used to key type familiarise yourself with it before you go to buy petrol (it has caused some confusion to others)

And take it easy for the first 750 - 1000 mile, don't expect to be able to overtake, straight away acceleration falls flat till engine bedded in

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
hey welcome! things to watch out for hmm... haha there's one thing circulating on here at the minute about the parcel shelf staying up! When you open your boot you have to manually lift it up and manually close it again but sometimes us uppers forget and then get frustrated when we look in the rear view mirror to see it up haha

also the fuel flap doesn't lock at all so always make sure you lock the black twisty cap!

In the colder weather peoples up!s have been misting up quite fast and regularly I find driving with the a/c on stops or slows it down in mine!

as for fuel consumption the m&m will tell you a better average than you are actually doing, people state on here about brim to brim fuel stops and calculating it, but I downloaded and app and have kept it up to date for day1 and I am averaging around 45-48 mpg I could write the list out but theres no need! hopefully when it warms up a bit my mpg will be going up with it!

You chose well with your extras lol spare and the sound pack! Well worth it in my opinion!

hope everything goes well tomorrow and up load some pikies lol

·
Registered
261 Posts
Now then Yorkie, Tha's welcome & its a reet laff in here. Great people and great tips :) check out the 'Parcel shelf problem solved' thread lol and seriously, theres a lot of good info posted, well worth spending time browsing when you have spare time - but be warned, this forum is addictive!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. So far so good but after 2 days only 47 miles on the clock. Looking forward to many more miles.<div id="LCS_FE1DEEEA_DB6D_44b8_83F0_34FC0F9D1052_communicationDiv">

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many thanks for the welcome. So far the forum seems really useful and I'm looking forward to making the most of it.
<div id="LCS_FE1DEEEA_DB6D_44b8_83F0_34FC0F9D1052_communicationDiv">

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I was told by the dealer about the filler cap problem so I hope I remember when I next fill up. Two days in, 47 miles on the clock and I've already been caught out by the parcel shelf. Looking forward to using the forum over the coming weeks/months.<div id="LCS_FE1DEEEA_DB6D_44b8_83F0_34FC0F9D1052_communicationDiv">

1 - 11 of 11 Posts