·
Registered
277 Posts
Enjoy it - and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car is great...but...the maps and more app doesn’t work with my iPhone even though iPhone is connected via Bluetooth and working....any ideas

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just checking you have the right app? I spent months trying to connect the other VW one :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you tried all the usual stuff, shut down all the extraneous apps, reset the phone etc?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, done it all..re loaded app, disconnected everything started again..no good..Ive heard it’s rubbish anyway...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Out of curiosity which iPhone and iOS are you on? I will have a play with mine tomorrow and see if I can come up with a method

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think the 2*'s from 53 reviews about sums up maps and more in the above screen grab. To be honest if am using Google maps then I have it on silent and listen to the radio. If you connect via BT them I am sure you will get the directions thru the car speakers.

I got the equivalent working on our Seat Mii and used it once. Can't say I am bothered about live driving data, another rev counter or blue and me etc. A lot of the information can be found in the multifunction display. The app was 1.5GB and a storage hog. It's long gone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i can only get sound from google maps when I’m using Bluetooth music, with radio on its silent

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thats right. If your audio setting is radio you get radio. If your setting is phone via BT them you get phone audio (directions). You can't have both at the same time thru car speakers as they are 2 separate sound sources.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tried it again..disconnected everything re connected, notification saying access contact etc etc paired etc..then app says not connected to Bluetooth..yet radio says IPhone connected

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would personally give up and move on.

However, if you like banging your head against a wall then maybe considering messaging the app developers for maps and more and report the issue. They may or may not be;

1. Working
2. Actually monitor messages from users
3. Interested in resolving issues on a system that is unpopular.

Either way keep smiling ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts