Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Thanks for providing an excellent forum!

We purchased an Up White 5 door from our local franchise dealer today. We went in to look at/order a new High Up with the classic wheel option but spotted on the forecourt the white. It looked drop dead gorgeous and we were hooked straight away.

The dealer seemed a nice enough guy, we talked money and started to cut the deal, the car had a sensor pack fitted but he also said that the spare wheel and sound pack were chargeable extras and he used these as his bargaining points. Seems as you can't find any details on the white and black models now it's hard to track options and their prices. Looking at the brochure (no prices in it) it says that the spare wheel and sound pack are standard on the high up, upon which the 'white' is based, has he pulled the wool over my eyes?

He gave me a list price of 12.5k we got down to 12.2k but he gave me top book on my PX (he showed me the glasses guide and another valuation) so I got £350 more than I had been offered from other dealers. I then hit him with the "give me the service plan and autoglym and I'll sign now"

Bottom line is I've paid 12.2 k OTR for the 5 Door White, with the 3 year service plan and autoglym life shine. This includes the sound pack, sensor pack and full size spare wheel. (which, incidentally do appear on the order form with prices)

Do you think this is a good deal? I was also concerned I bought an 'old' car as the white has been discontinued but I see on here some people have ordered them recently? Can you track the build date from the VIN?

Thank you. Jase.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Good choice, we have 2 ...both the same spec as yours, the white represents good value and yes, the 3 items are charged as extras....but you get the nice seats, chrome, white dash etc etc for free!

You will love it, ours have 30k miles between them and haven't missed a beat...fantastic cars......infact did a 400 mile round trip yesterday and stepped out feeling fresh as a daisy !

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
176 Posts
jaykenn said:
...........Do you think this is a good deal?.............

At the end of the day you will always find someone who seems to have got a better deal than you.

I think it just comes down to whether you are happy with what you've paid--- which you obviously are!

Hope you enjoy the car, they really are that good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, ultimately I am happy I just got cold sweats when I thought I'd been tricked with the packs.

It's a replacement for a Toyota Aygo which we have had from new, during the test drive we noticed a remarkable difference in composure and handling and then getting into the Aygo after it seemed a world away. I can't believe we were considering another Aygo.

Looking forward to Thursday now!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am just waiting for an Up! White 3 door which I ordered 3 weeks ago.

I decided to order the White because it is cheaper than speccing a High Up to the same level and I think they look good. The residuals are slightly higher (55% vs 53% over 3 years according to What Car?), so I wouldn't be worried about buying an "old" model...

According to 1st May price list and my dealer, they are all from stock, so are therefore 2013 model cars and as such don't have the spare wheel and sound pack that the 2014 model High Ups have.

In terms of a deal, the list on the 3 door is £11,545. I ordered mine with leather look seats (£455) and spare wheel (£50), and the service pack making a total list of £12,299. I have got mine for £11,345 through drivethedeal.com, with no part exchange as I will sell my car privately for around £500 more than any dealer has offered me. I therefore saved £954.40 off the car and hopefully I'll gain around £500 on my car - so in total I'll have "saved" around £1450, but I will have to sell my car first.

In total you saved £1,200, but you don't need to sell your car, so that's pretty good!

·
Registered
176 Posts
jaykenn said:
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, ultimately I am happy I just got cold sweats when I thought I'd been tricked with the packs.

It's a replacement for a Toyota Aygo which we have had from new, during the test drive we noticed a remarkable difference in composure and handling and then getting into the Aygo after it seemed a world away. I can't believe we were considering another Aygo.

Looking forward to Thursday now!!

We had 2 107's then 2 Aygo's before the up!

Went to the dealer we'd been using to get another Aygo but was completely put off by their derisory valuation of the current car and pricing of the new Aygo.

Just happened to pass VW main dealer and look in. They were on the ball straight away and got a much better deal all round.

Once you've driven an up! you begin to realise that the Aygo/C1/107 have had their day. Time and expectations have moved on and our Aygo felt very much a "previous generation" car.

5 months on, still feel the same and love the up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi forum
I have ordered my high up 75 hp, white with asg gearbox. I am littel bit worried because of the gearbox. Should i cancel or get the manuel version of the gearbox.
Thanks.
Edited by: M2joseph

·
Registered
583 Posts
M2joseph said:
I am littel bit worried because of the gearbox. Should i cancel or get the manuel version of the gearbox.
Do you really need an automatic ?
The ASG is an old style automatic, no fancy double clutch technology there.

From what I've read about it by a user, it takes some getting used to, and the state of mind not to push it but to let it do its thing.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I was always told believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear. It sounds as if you have already decided against asg. I am very happy with mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts