Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the carbon fibre look bonnet bra today. Fits tight, and hopefully no more chips anywhere.

Edited by: GPVG26

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was made to order here in the UK. Takes about 3 weeks (for the carbon fibre look). But they do have the normal ones available straight away if you do want one, which is also cheaper. The people I bought it from are called autobra uk, web site: http://www.autobra.co.uk/ you can call them, and talk to Anna. Tell her Gian sent you from Bristol. I'm the only one who has bought one of these so far.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have used them for years in the USA. Never had a problem. You only use them for long trips, keep it clean on the inside and the car clean before it goes on the bonnet.

·
Super Moderator
1,496 Posts
GPVG26 said:
I have used them for years in the USA. Never had a problem. You only use them for long trips, keep it clean on the inside and the car clean before it goes on the bonnet.

It's more the people that run them 24/7. If you're only using them for journeys and making sure they are kept clean, you've got the right idea.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wouldn't an easier solution be to have transparent wrap applied? A friend of mine has the front of his Lotus done in it and its pretty well invisible.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Scrubnut said:
Wouldn't an easier solution be to have transparent wrap applied? A friend of mine has the front of his Lotus done in it and its pretty well invisible.
I booked in for this, its called venture shield and is around about £300 and it covers all the front end. The reason I didnt have it done is the guys decided not to book me in and was shut when I went down and after ringing annoyed me so I didnt bother

·
Registered
222 Posts
Personally I'd rather just deal with chips and get them repaired than have to put one of those on my car. They ruin the look of it massively.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think it looks slick, especially with the roof bars too..
I've got one myself, I like the way the car looks with it on, and off for that matter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts