Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hmmm. It is a lot of money for what you get.

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
As I posted in the GT section, the Rock up! is a complete rip-off.

Considering it's just a High up! with a satin black bodykit and a vinyl stripe, it's not worth the almost £2000 extra you have to pay.

I worked it out, if you bought Groove up! and added the VW bodykit and a vinyl strip, it would cost less than an 'actual' Rock up! and you'd have the addition of the Fender stereo and tinted windows.

·
Registered
74 Posts
beachvibes said:
http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/volkswagen/up/2013-volkswagen-rock-review/1207978

Few pictures to show what the "bodykit" looks like too.

I do like the look of that rear spoiler and diffusor. I know that they are 16 inch wheels but the suspension seems to be lower than -15mm? I think it looks good but I'm not a friend of the decal kit.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It looks really nice on the pics in the review but it is very expensive - not sure that it is as good value for money as the move up or high up but certainly is very stylish!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've got a rock up, which I picked up with 200 miles on it and three months old, it came with tons of spec including the nice pleather interior, luckily I payed well under the new car price.

The black body kit is actually gloss black, not satin, and looks really nice, it's also a different kit to the one offered in the accessories brochure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
No Problem,
I guess i could have something of a biased opinion, but if you want to see any more pix, ive put a load in the gallery

·
Registered
44 Posts
eightbits said:
beachvibes said:
http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/volkswagen/up/2013-volkswagen-rock-review/1207978

Few pictures to show what the "bodykit" looks like too.

I do like the look of that rear spoiler and diffusor. I know that they are 16 inch wheels but the suspension seems to be lower than -15mm? I think it looks good but I'm not a friend of the decal kit.
I wouldnt worry about the decal kit, you dont have to have it if you dont want, i asked them to leave the "rock up" decals off.

As far as ive been told, its all UK dealer fit on the rock up anyways....

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Pleather.....or as MB call it Artico........love it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
UpMan said:
Another marketing ploy for the gullible.
Can't help but take that personally!!!!

I'm certainly not gullible, I just saw a well specced car at the right price, I didn't quite buy new though, so I did get a few thousand off the new price....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Pleather.....or as MB call it Artico........love it!  
Yeah! Brilliant! My wife's smart has "artico"

As far as I'm concerned its pleather all the way, or as rover used to call it... Leatherette

·
Registered
251 Posts
Rock up! GM said:
Can't help but take that personally!!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. If you got yours for a good price then fantastic. It just annoys me how manufacturers take an £8000 car, slap some stickers (£2.50) and big wheels on (£300), think of a cool name (free, really) and then charge £3000 more for it.

But, hey, it's a great car, so enjoy it :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah I see your point, I think mine new with all it's extras would have been on the way to 15k, and I payed a lot less than that, plus I got 2 years free servicing and a few other bits like mudflaps, mats and fuel.

As I mentioned in one of my posts, if I was buying new, I'd probably looked at the groove up as I'm a huge fender fan! Plus it comes with a cool standard interior,

I'm lucky enough to have the upgrade black pleather interior, otherwise I'd certainly been less interested in my rock up!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Right then...thats official.........Pleather Trim

·
Registered
44 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Right then...thats official.........Pleather Trim     
I'll second that! Officially Pleather trim

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ouch - feeling rather un-loved for choosing a Rock-up now!

Ours is 3 months old with 100 miles on the clock.
Got it for an acceptable amount under the list price (Less than a standard High-Up) and they seemed to give me a fair price for my PX too. I didn't really push for any extras to be thrown in and didn't think of the servicing! haha
(maybe I am rubbish at buying cars lol)

Are there may Rock Up owners on here?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts