Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, wrote a sizeable post but I lost it before I could put it up.

I don't have the willpower to write it all again but just wanted to say hi and thanks to all here who have given me the confidence to buy an UP! Out goes a brilliant 120d (brilliant but it did nothing for me) and I have returned to my spiritual home of small cars while my wife drives the antisocial X6!

Set myself a budget but thought the Rock was out of the question. But, I found one at Leicester Audi, 1300 miles, 63 plate, taken in part-ex. Didn't know they came in blue but bodykit and decals all present and correct. All for £9250. A bit of haggling and the best I could do was £8950. I'm delighted, it's pretty much new!

Delivered today, absolutely love it. My family and friends are all scratching their heads asking why I am 'downgrading' but they just don't get it. What a brilliant car, is giving me the enjoyment and pleasure that I missed in the 120d (and I had only previously had in my FIAT Panda 100hp, Mini Cooper D Clubman and the Renault 5's of my youth, amongst the 35+ cars I've bought in the past 15 years). Runs absolutely fine on the motorway (40miles of motorway on my commute each day so that's important) and is fantastic around town. M+M, build quality etc, you guys know it all, I'm preaching to the converted!

Has rear sensors as well but I think these were retro-fitted as there isn't the rest of these sensor pack present, unfortunately. Will almost certainly get tints for the rear windows and now just need to source a phone mount (Brodit probably) as I'll be streaming Internet radio through to M+M. Fantastic!

That's all for now, I've attached a few pics and I'll be hanging around here (not lurking anymore) very often!

Edited by: Storvay

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nice. Very, very nice.

And a nice deal to boot. I love a bit of a haggle, me. Welcome along-no more lurking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments. :)

As an added bonus, I found a full size spare in the boot today - was that an option?

The rear sensors aren't linked in to M+M unfortunately. They're actually worse than useless as they don't appear to be very reliable anyway. To be honest, I have no issues with the rear of the car - I find that I always think I've got less space in front of me than I actually do, due to not being able to see the nose of the car! Just like my FIAT Panda, in actual fact.

Streaming internet radio is brilliant, no need for DAB (have unlimited data on 3). Learning to drive a petrol again - judicious use of the gears can result in nippy progress with no problems accelerating at motorway speeds. Anyone reading this, this is not a dangerous car on the motorway - it mixes it with the traffic, at all decent speeds, no issues. In fact, it's not just a city car; it's a **** capable small car, in any setting.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Has anybody suggested the Up is a dangerous car on the motorway?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dangerous was perhaps the wrong word.

I'm sure that, as the car has been labelled a 'city car' and is very small and has a relatively modest power output, a concern amongst some potential buyers may be that it would be a bit scary on the motorway e.g. changing lanes or on slip roads joining the m'way. That's all I meant by it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ah, OK - I thouight you'd actually seen it somewhere!

No, it copes very well with motorways...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The up! will surely loose chrasing with big SUVs, a lorries or a tank ...
But it is (one of) the most safest "small car" in the market!
Testers were astound how save the up! is.

On some German motorways you have to pay attention when an Audi, BMW etc. comes from behind with 150 mph or more. But I see no problem on English, Dutch etc. motorways with a speed limit of 70-80 mph ...

I ride a Kawasaki Estrella motorbike with 75 mph absolute max. (sometimes only 60 mph) ...
This is dangerous riding an Autobahn uphill with lorries driving 55 mph ...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Very nice UP, colour looks great and even more so with those alloys on it. Enjoy the new car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts