Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of my local VW, ordered a wee spoiler for my Uppy! Will be here next week! Will post pics when he's painted and put on (not by me before yous ask, I wouldn't know the first thing how to do it)

:D

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
before and after pics definitely called for :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Indeed... I cancelled my spoiler cos the up already has a sufficient one, but will eagarly await your pictures!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I shall post before and after pics for yous :) I did think that my Up had a wee spoiler but i think a slightly bigger one will give it a more sportier look

now .... what colour do I go for?? White to match the car, or black? or maybe something different?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I would go safe and match the car colour

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same! im a bit worried though, this will be the first time I get something like this done to my car, I've never really "dicked" up a car before. My local VW dont do any accessory painting or fitting so they have sent me to a third party place to get it done! Basically im picking up the spoiler from VW and I have to do the rest on my own. I THINK the spoiler needs to be glued on .... is this right?!? anyone shed some more info on this?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm sure the bodyshop will fit it for you once they've painted it. It may mean leaving it with them a while to let whatever adhesive they use go off.

Look forward to pics

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yes it is glued on... A black sticky gloop, I believe it's called sikaflex... But I could be wrong?

I stuck a rear spoiler on my mini, it was a messy job, black glue, white spoiler and roof. It was always trying to slide down so I used masking top to hold it just at the right position. It worked for me.
Edited by: Markmod1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts