Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Australia.

Has anyone fitted another steering wheel from a Polo or another VW model to their Up?

I'm looking at getting a Polo GTI steering wheel or maybe a golf steering wheel (something without mounted buttons)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well in 42deg heat it can be quite hot to touch, So was looking at another wheel like the polo wheel that I have had experience with in extreme heat been able to handle it quite well.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Can you not spec the leather wheel like mine came with in Oz? its perfect, flat bottomed and doesn't heat up like a plastic one.

·
Registered
587 Posts
A polo steering wheel should fit as the Up! uses the same stalks and fitments as the Polo. Not a cheap option though as you will need a new airbag as well.

·
Registered
705 Posts
And the marked reluctance of the mechanics to have anything to do with the explosives used in the airbag and seat belt triggering devices.

Nick

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply

I have looked into doing the polo wheel and can have a new one fitted with airbag for $120 AUD plus the cost of the wheel which is fairly good.

They did option the leather pack here but it was like $2500 AUD for the wheel, seat inserts and fog lights!

·
Registered
587 Posts
WGN_WERKS said:
Thanks for the reply

I have looked into doing the polo wheel and can have a new one fitted with airbag for $120 AUD plus the cost of the wheel which is fairly good.

They did option the leather pack here but it was like $2500 AUD for the wheel, seat inserts and fog lights!

Ouch at $2500, $120 AUD seems good value, make sure you get some pics up! Will be interesting to hear how you get on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yea. Here in Sydney it's $2500 for fogs leather. Rims heated seats.

I only want leather wheel. I would do the same as you.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
$2500...they are having a laugh...it's not even real leather! polo wheel sounds excellent!

·
Registered
462 Posts
The leather steering wheel that comes on the high up is £236 and you use the same air bag

I am thinking of changing mine soon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts