Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm picking up my take up (3dr) on Sunday and I'm a little confused about the locking situation. I know that it's not got central locking which is ok for me really. I quite like the idea that when I open the door it will just be the door that I want to get in.
But... When locking the passenger door do you have to lean across inside? Or can you press in the handle as you're getting out (as if locking it) and then shut the door? Would that lock it?
Any advice would be gratefully received,
Cheers

·
Registered
811 Posts
You can lock the door when leaving by pushing the handle in and closing the door. Just make sure that the keys aren't in the car when you do that....

Bizarrely the boot has central locking, so when you unlock the driver's door the boot unlocks too.

Edited by: Allybasher

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for your reply!
Oh I hadn't thought about the potential for being locked out! Yeah I saw about the boot - it's a bit weird they didn't extend it to the passenger door too to be key central locking - but probably a security thing and isn't a big deal for me :) can't wait to get in the drivers seat!!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Cracking little car, I went for the comfort pack on my Take up!, would love A/C at the moment though, although the car does not get too hot to be honest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts