Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Im Grga from Croatia and I have just bought my new VW take up! 2014. I just have one question, is it possible to buy a glove box for the up? Because the take up! version has a shelf.
Really happy to be here

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Grga,

I don't think it is possible to retrofit the glove box as the "main board" surely is different ...

Have a lot of fun with your take up! !

Which colour did you choose for your up! ?

P.S.: I go to the Croatian restaurant in our street nearly every week.
I love cevapcici, raznjici, djuwetsch rice and the other grilled meat!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
@grga: Does your new up! have a "SET" button nextto the 12V / ash tray?
If yes, it is not a 2014, but a 2015 model! The 2015ers are produced since May 2014.

I have one of the last 2014ers without tyre pressue system (built end of April 2014).
The 2015er model can easily be varified by this "SET" button (and another display with tyre pressure warner).

@ Hannah: When was your take up! produced???
As far as I know, the 2014er and 2015er have both two shelves instead of one box ...

·
Registered
171 Posts
HannahUP said:
My Take Up has a glove box??
The UK VW site (which isn't always reliable)saysthat the current UK Take up! has a glovebox.<div style=": rgb244, 244, 251;">

<div style=": rgb244, 244, 251;">The Croatian sitesaysthat its take up! has anotvoreni pretinac za rukavice, which might mean "open glove box" (gjovanovski?
),and its configurator showsa shelf.
<div style=": rgb244, 244, 251;">

<div style=": rgb244, 244, 251;">For the curious like me who hadn't heard of it, here are some photos of a shelved up!. As Cadfael says, it has two shelves, one on the driver's side where it would also be handy for gloveboxed up!pers! Maybe that would be illegal in the UK because of the risk of things dropping off and interfering with the driver's feet""“ but if so, I would have guessed it to be an EU regulation, so covering Croatia too.
<div style=": rgb244, 244, 251;">

<div style=": rgb244, 244, 251;">None of which helpsgjovanovski""“sorry!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The German config site shows the take up! as it seemsto be in Croatia, too ...
And I know that the 2013 model was the same ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

The UK take up! might be different to the continental take up! because you "sit on the wrong seat" ...

So, it was too expensive to build different "right stearing versions" - and your take up! got the move up! box. On the continent (with much more up!s sold), there is the difference ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Cadfael, I bought a white up. Cevapcici or cevapi are the best thing to eat here :)
Yes it has a set button, I was confused when the seller said it is a 2015 model but it is.
@+2/3 e, I wanted to know if it would be possible to take out the shelf on thepassenger side and replace it with a closed glove box because it has a couple of screw holes and it looks to me like they just replaced the shelf with a glove box in the move up! version.
@ptae2000e Where? :)
Thank you for all the replies :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
This suggests that it would be a relatively straightforward replacement

·
Registered
171 Posts
+2/3 e said:
This suggests that it would be a relatively straightforward replacement
On closer inspection, the join between the glovebox and the panel to its left is further from the centre of the car than the join between the shelf and the panel to its left, so that centre panel would also need to be replaced. I bet the join the other side of that is different, too, in which case you'd also need to replace the driver's-side shelf.

It turns out the centre console is slightly different, too""“ here's for the shelf, and here for the glovebox.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts