Up Owners Club banner
201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Yeah to be fair at 5mm, probably not going to run into any issues, wonder if I can wing it with the standard bolts?
Don't use the original bolts..... 2.5mm of engagement isn't enough, and if anything did happen, your insurance assessor would pick that up straight away.

Reactions: freemansteve

·
Registered
97 Posts
Fitted the rear spacers today from Eibach, my god the car looks SO much better. I now need something for the front but I just need a 5mm there I think, can anyone point me in the direction of some good 5mm spacers?
Pleased you got your spacers sorted. It would be good to see a photo, but I guess that's the sort of thing that a picture doesn't do justice. 👍

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Okay I've got some longer bolts here but they were originally going to be for 12mm spacers so I believe they're 40mm, could be wrong on that one. Too long perhaps?

I'll take some pictures this weekend, hopefully I can get the fronts done too :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Was going to risk it with the standards but decided against it.

Had a really good run out in the car and SO please to report the knocking has virtually gone, only when going over bumps fairly hard does it appear which seems to be the case for everyone, kind of makes me want to get it down a bit lower.

·
Registered
Up gti
186 Posts
I'm convinced that the rest of it is in the shoddy rubber so that will likely be the next change. Although, I do really want that stage 1 as well!
Do the stage one,.I went Apr and even it's class, jbs is supposedly where it's at but sure, I don't think it would be that much different from mine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Can anyone tell me if you can get replacement vinyl strips from VW? My bottom, thinner strip on the drivers side has come off in a few places and it looks awful!

201 - 211 of 211 Posts