Up Owners Club banner
41 - 60 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I can’t tell if it’s too low or if it’s just the deficient grips and their lack of sidewall! I’ll give it a bit longer and see how it goes, I do plan adding spacers and eventually wider tyres.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Going to remove the spats now and see how it goes, I really feel like it’s not the height but I could be wrong. The car doesn’t feel like it’s bottoming, it’s more like if you tried driving up a kerb too fast - that’s probably a bad example. It doesn’t feel like the front end is dropping down too far, like I say though I’ll see how it fairs in a few miles.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know what you mean, I was thinking it could be the softer spring fully compressing, or the anti roll bar catching somewhere in it's new position.
But I'm happy to follow other guys and raise slightly and remove the spats - easy.
I m working away at the mo, so can't do it straight way, interesting to see how you get on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Spats are out now so will see how things go, hopefully an easy fix. Tbh I’m debating just biting the bullet and throwing some PS5s or similar on there anyway just for the extra comfort.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I think with the back lowered more than the front and making the arch gaps pretty even is the sweet spot the photo you posted wasn't the best for seeing the arch gaps...

Wheel Tire Sky Car Cloud

With a full tank from the centre of the tyre to the wheel arch I have a 2 finger gap front and back maybe a touch more front

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I think with the back lowered more than the front and making the arch gaps pretty even is the sweet spot the photo you posted wasn't the best for seeing the arch gaps...

View attachment 8592

With a full tank from the centre of the tyre to the wheel arch I have a 2 finger gap front and back maybe a touch more front
I’ll try to grab a better example tomorrow, it definitely looks even all the way around to my eye. In terms of the finger test, I’m also at 2 fingers all the way around as well so sounds like we’re quite similar there.
My driveway is a little uneven but you can see from the examples here it’s there or thereabouts.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I’ll try and be a bit more scientific tomorrow and get the tape measure out 😂

Other than that though I really can’t fault them. They’ve done exactly what I was hoping for, wheel spacers up next. Looking like 12.5mm front and 15mm rear but concerned the 12.5s might be pushing it with the eventual 205/40s

·
Registered
606 Posts
I also occasionally get a slight knock/ thump like you're describing, when going over speed bumps a bit too fast (or maybe not fast enough). Could be knocking against bodywork / spats I suppose, but no evidence of rubbing. I also wondered if the springs were shifting in their seats occasionally but I don't know.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I also occasionally get a slight knock/ thump like you're describing, when going over speed bumps a bit too fast (or maybe not fast enough). Could be knocking against bodywork / spats I suppose, but no evidence of rubbing. I also wondered if the springs were shifting in their seats occasionally but I don't know.
My advice is put the front spring perch up by 3 full turns both sides which makes hardly any difference to the cars height I did this several times and no noises at all

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
My advice is put the front spring perch up by 3 full turns both sides which makes hardly any difference to the cars height I did this several times and no noises at all
This may be a really stupid question with a painfully obvious answer but... can you adjust them on the fronts without jacking/removing the wheels?

41 - 60 of 167 Posts