Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. I'm from Denmark btw.
I just got my VW UP! last week. Fun little ride. It has been lowered a bit and the stock wheels have been changed to some 17" wheels. Cheers. :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Is this the same car that someone posted a link to earlier today. It looks exactly the same & I did comment on the fact that the front end looks longer or more "stretched" than usual.

Wheels look great though.

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
532 Posts
Lovely looking car. the gap between tyre and wheel arch is the same as the tyre height and that works very well.

·
Registered
956 Posts
SuneA said:
Yes that my ride allright, nothing stretched on it though! No body work has been done to it at all. :)

Probably just my eyes, or maybe the angle of the photo. Does look really nice though

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome!

It looks very 'tight' and must handle the road very well. Are the road surfaces good in Denmark? Ours are in a terrible mess here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The roads are quite good, but you still have to pay attention and occasionally dodge some potholes etc :)

move up! said:
Welcome!

It looks very 'tight' and must handle the road very well. Are the road surfaces good in Denmark? Ours are in a terrible mess here.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The roads in the uk are absolutely awful... I ride a bicycle, and have ridden in France, Spain and Italy on country roads, in the mountains etc, and the roads in these countries are smooth, clean and great to ride on. Ours are broken, with pot holes, poor repairs, patches, sunken drains/ manholes, loose dressings and general rubbish, you have to look at your wheel constantly to ensure you navigate our embarrassing lanes. Our roads are actually in a dangerous state this year, I am seeing sections that have 'dropped through' leaving big holes.

The excuse is we have the biggest change of temperature from winter to summer, but this doesn't ring true, as the mountain roads on ventoux in France seem to cope with deep snow most of winter and 36+ degrees when I was there....Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
432 Posts
Agreed, Markmod1.
They seem to have just given up. You hear about them spending large portions of their (cut-down) budgets just paying for insurance to cover claims from drivers with damage to their cars from the potholes. That doesn't leave them with much money to do more than a simple spadeful of asphalt into the deepest holes and stamp on it with a size ten boot. A few weeks later it's a pothole again.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I really love it!!!

I have some mods on the way which are different from yours but... my first idea was exactly like your car is today : H&R lowering and some nice BBS replica's... It looks like I imagined it... very good

Grtz
Gun

·
Registered
47 Posts
What is the betting that the VW design department are viewing this forum and taking a sneeky peek look at the mods that owners are coming up with, with aview to finalising the design ofnext years Up! GT or whatever it is going to be called.
Very nice but we do have a huge number of speed reduction bumps around these parts and as a result I am wary of lowering the suspenson further.

For those who are not bothered by this do it as it looks great!

vup rider

1 - 14 of 14 Posts