Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody,

I am newbie here... but not new to VW...
Had Passats, and Golfs as company cars...
got a 12yo Passat gas guzzler at the moment, but it is soon to be going...
as buying your own car is a lot different then a company giving you a car...

I have just ordered a Cross UP!
I am living and working here in Germany.. Be ready in 2-3 months, and I will be collecting it from the Wolfburg Factory...
Ive spec'd it with the maps and more, drive pack, cool and sound, winter pack, sound plus, steel spare, and this being in Germany a set of Winter tires and wheels...
Pearl Black colour with matching Dashboard...

So i am looking forward to getting it... and hopefully take some pics from the factory too... If i remember LOL
Has anyone done any long distance drives yet... interested to know what its like... As well be visiting family in UK sometime... and usually drive home.

take care all, and will update later...

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hello there and welcome to the forum. You'll love your Up.

I have not done any transcontinental trips in the Up yet, but have done a lot of motorway driving. It will sit happily at 85mph all day and give a range of about 350 miles at that speed so it will be fine across Europe. Plus it is reasonably quiet, very comfortable and has enough power in reserve not to feel out of its depth.

·
Registered
202 Posts
cross up! ? First i've heard, willbe interesting to see :-D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello!

I just got my up white edition on Sat! I flew to get it, and it
was then a 7 hour drive home! I've got to say I loved the drive home! Stuck cruise control on at 80 mph, and it's so smooth! ( I used to have an aygo so it's really great to me!!)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have to agree
I felt the same way when I got my Mii (no rhyme intended) my dad used to have a Pug 107 and every time you started it up it felt like I was sitting on top of a washing machine)) the Mii in comparison is a thousand times better

·
Registered
811 Posts
I know what you mean. Our first Up followed a VW Fox which was like a 1980's car in comparison. I'm driving a new Passat all week at the moment. It is so DULL.
I really look forward to the weekend so I can drive the Up.

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hi, I went to the nurburgring last month to watch the 24 hour race. The car was excellent to and from the circuit. Covered just over 1100 miles, set the cruise control and it will sit happily on the motorway all day. I did find the maps and more sent me another way this year, I'm guessing its something to do with traffic management it has, anyway we went past spa in Belgium which has some amazing roads and hills... Hills just require some gear changes and a squeeze on the loud pedal ;) I even managed to pack more stuff than I did when I had a mini Cabrio

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello!

I am getting to love my Up! more every day - Bertie has made me drive much more calmly and I am sooooo chilled on the road now! Have had much more powerful cars previously and was worried about such a small engine, but as it loosens up it gets better & better and is fun to drive.

Enjoy yours!

Jane

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great hear lots of people loving their UP!...and great hear someone has done the long drive back. Ive got 2.8V6 4Motion Passat at the moment and getting 19mpg... I live and work over here in Germany, and Wolfsburg is only 2-3hour drive.. 2 hour by Train..Nearly got a Polo.. but it was so bland... but when I drove the UP! i loved it... loved the sound of the engine.. And the up was cheaper then the Polo... with a much better Spec... Ohhh VW hurry UP! and build my new UP!... lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GREAT NEWS... Been given the date for when my car will finally be ready...First week in September... Can't wait
AND
I have been told by the Dealer... I am the very first person to own a Cross UP!
So i'll be off to Wolfsburg to get my new little babe...
So I will get some photos uploaded in September...

·
Registered
811 Posts
That's fantastic! Can't wait to see the pictures. I like the look of the Cross Up myself.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BAD NEWS... Had the dealer ring me today...Big delay in getting my Cross UP!.....
NOW not going to be ready until End August,beginningof November.
Well i did order all the extras... so now others who have just ordered the basic Cross up! with out lots of extras will get theirs first... NOT HAPPY...

and the Cross UP! I found out is made in South Africa... where as all the others are made in Poland, so the dealer told me this afternoon.

So i have now got to wait SOOOOOOOO LONG..........................
BAH HUM BUG.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The others are made in Slovakia, not Poland.

Nick

·
Registered
727 Posts
GarethB said:
and the Cross UP! I found out is made in South Africa... where as all the others are made in Poland, so the dealer told me this afternoon. 
Your dealer is clueless, go back and tell him up!'s are assembled in Bratislava, Slovakia.Edited by: vwild1

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was not paying attention at that point when he was telling me....He probably said it was Bratislava... BUT i was still ingesting the NEWS of my Delays... and FranklyI dont really care where they are made... And it is only the Cross UP! Model that is being made somewhere else... Apparently..and you are right the Cross UP! is not available in UK... as to wether the UK will get it... MAYBE/MAYBE NOT or it will be called by a different name...
AS I LIVE IN GERMANY... it is not a problem...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts