Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new Up Black 6 days ago, I feel a bit guilty as I went into the VW dealers 1/5/12 had a test drive and got my car 4 weeks later, admittedly I did not have the option to create my car as I had planned so its a the up black with the safety pack. I traded in my 9 year old Golf GTI so was a bit worried that I was doing the right thing!Yes its not as speedy but it moves and I actually enjoy the fact you have to really drive it! When I see 60mpg on the maps and more it makes me even more convinced!
I really love it and it is really roomy inside but a dream to park and manouvre. My husband is 6'4'' and even he finds it really comfortable!
The salesman was new to VW and on several occasions I had to tell him about the car, he tried to charge £51 for the mats but I had to point out they were included on the up black, he also said the safety pack was £445 rather than £225 on that model, he also could not show me how maps and more functioned though prior to going to the car had made me sign a form saying he'd shown me everything! Today he called to check I was happy and reminded me when VW sent the questionnaire I was to score him a 5!!!
Cheeky or what!
Anyway I love my car and longterm it will save me a lot of money and I feel much 'greener' in it!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I didn't bother giving a score as it came from the dealer rather than head office at Vw; to be fair if Vw expect people to spend time doing survey reviews for them then they need to offer a 'reward' for such, even if it's just £50 off genuine accessories.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
4 weeks? That was very jammy. When I ordered mine I wasn't offered anything else, or told that certain options would take longer
oh well, mine should be on the ship now.
It is annoying when you have to tell the salesman stuff, I reminded mine that the mats were included. Then my salesman left and I got nominated another one, who I don't care for if I'm honest.
He tried to flog me £8k of finance, it was only gonna cost me £1330 more than my personal loan of 6%!!!! They really do rely on the fact that some people are just muppets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My salesman spent ages trying to get me to take a finance deal too, really pushy. I tried to get a discount but it was a no go and in the end I thought I was very lucky that they found me a car so fast. I part exchanged my old golf GTI and when I went to collect the Up he said he may be interested in buying my Golf privately for his wife! I just laughed and went through with the part exchange, I'm sure VW wouldn't be pleased to know he suggested buying it himself!
It just amused me, he'd only worked for VW for a few weeks, worked for Nissan before!
Hope you get your Ups soon.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
upshot said:
... he said he may be interested in buying my Golf privately for his wife! I just laughed and went through with the part exchange, I'm sure VW wouldn't be pleased to know he suggested buying it himself!
When my old style Nissan Micra fell to pieces, the Nissan garage offered me a new Micra. The salesman said a mechanic wanted to buy my Micra for £500, and he would put a new engine in. So I sold it to him, and bought a Ford round the corner. Not long after I saw the same salesman, but working at the Ford garage. I suspect the Nissan garage owner was not pleased I'd got good money for a non running car, which helped me get the Ford.

Regarding your Golf, VW might not mind, depending on the age. A good condition young car (less than 5 years) will be sold on the forecourt. An older or tatty car will just go to auction, and they know the sort of sum it will reach. If yours was an auction car, then his buying it for the same money might just save them the hassle of dealing with the auction people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts