Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My first post!

Taking delivery of a new High UP! 5dr in March, for my wife. Gone for Candy White with Leather Look Trim, DAB, 16" Classic Alloys and a service plan.

I have already bought a spare set of 14" steel wheels shod with Winter Tyres. Can anyone advise if I can use the same wheel bolts (or nuts)? Or do I need a separate set for the steel wheels?

Trying to decide whether to get the wheels painted (white or silver) and find a VW centre cap to cover the hub and bolts (but which ones fit?) or whether to just buy a set a full wheel trims? Decisions....

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought a set but as a replacement for steel wheels so used the same bolts. Your dealer should be able to tell you whether the ones fitted on your car are the same as for a standard Take Up! or Move Up! I refitted the standard trims so you could get a set or some cheapo Halfords/FleaBay ones for whatever size wheel you have.

Nick

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I use the same bolts, and got a nice set of trims off (as above states) fleabay haha

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
welcome ! , yes bolts for my 16" classics are same as for my 14" winters.....I had the VW covers but lost one (nicked) and rather than buy another, got a fleabay set of 14" black generic trims which look great on my white car.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Privatedoc said:
welcome ! , yes bolts for my 16" classics are same as for my 14" winters
Ditto

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ditto me too! Same bolts for winter steelies as for Classics. I managed to get a set of Polo hubcaps from ebay for a princely fiver, they're fine apart from the fact that they don't quite fit flush with the wheel, but you've got to look closely to notice, and they haven't flown off in around 1,500 miles. Here are the pics that you're all dying to see........
Please forgive the image quality, it's bucketing with rain and I couldn't be bothered to step outside the porch

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, will keep an eye on eBay. Looking forward to the new car. It's now arrived at our dealer - taking delivery in March.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm sure your wife will find it's been worth waiting for

1 - 8 of 8 Posts