Up Owners Club banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
The Up seats are very comfortable but severely lacking in the bolster department I've never had a car without good sized bolsters before so I have never really got on with them when pushing on through a few corners... Normal everyday driving is not an issue

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Up seats are very comfortable but severely lacking in the bolster department I've never had a car without good sized bolsters before so I have never really got on with them when pushing on through a few corners... Normal everyday driving is not an issue
Yeah, I've heard people in reviews remark about them from a superficial standpoint when looking at them before driving, but then it never gets another mention. I'll need to try it to see if it bothers me, but I'm a bit off needing to get to that stage yet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just think it's the generator and the way it's showing them makes the outers look like leather.... I'm happy to be proved wrong but I just don't see them changing the original seats
I'm with you on this again now. I certainly don't think they're leather but I initially thought there was a bit more bolster and they were a different construction but they look the same as Tommus' picture now to me - just under optimal lighting and subject to a bit of touch-uppery.

·
Registered
155 Posts
View attachment 6041 These are the seats on mine that I got end of last month, not sure if they’re the same as the pic from the configurator or no. Looks to have more red stitching in mine. I expect they have made them more hugging and sporty though. Just
I'm with you on this again now. I certainly don't think they're leather but I initially thought there was a bit more bolster and they were a different construction but they look the same as Tommus' picture now to me - just under optimal lighting and subject to a bit of touch-uppery.
To be honest I don’t think they’re any more supportive than my old high up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
After having my GTI for a month I love it, however if I had to make a comment it would be the seats! Altho they have the tarten pattern and don't look too bad they are not particularly sporty and don't have much bolster support. That being said I don't find them uncomfortable. The Mrs seats in her fabia Monte Carlo are better!

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is lovely, by the way. I live in South Cheshire and still don't really see many of them bizarrely. I get a lovely warm feeling when I see one in the wild still.
Ah Cholmondeley I get it :). Im in South Cheshire too (y)

Agreed rare sight here I only see a white 5dr from time to time in Sandbach,

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ah Cholmondeley I get it :). Im in South Cheshire too (y)

Agreed rare sight here I only see a white 5dr from time to time in Sandbach,
It's nothing to do with the place I'm afraid, just a character Harry Enfield used to do. I know Sandbach pretty well and haven't seen one there since I started getting a bit fuzzy towards them last year. First one I ever saw was a white one at Asda Wolstanton the week they came out. I remember being all over it even though I had no intention of getting one at the time as I'm just interested in motors and there I was with my nose practically pressed against the side window with my hand cupped to banish reflections and the owner came back. Didn't seem overly impressed :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Hello everyone, I took delivery of my brand new 3 door up gti last week, what an amazing fun little car. I’ve never had so much fun driving so slowly!

I’ve come from a BMW M2 Competition so it goes without saying it’s obviously a lot slower... but my god it’s put a smile on my face.

My initial thoughts were “god I’m sat up high!” And, “what, no steering rake?!”.

I’m getting used to being overtaken by vans but still smiling and that Beats sound system is bloody good.
Hi there

There are 2 companies I like regarding tuning for the UP GTI. JBS Auto Designs & HG Motorsport (german)

Plus I will be biased and suggest my ATB differential ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's nothing to do with the place I'm afraid, just a character Harry Enfield used to do. I know Sandbach pretty well and haven't seen one there since I started getting a bit fuzzy towards them last year. First one I ever saw was a white one at Asda Wolstanton the week they came out. I remember being all over it even though I had no intention of getting one at the time as I'm just interested in motors and there I was with my nose practically pressed against the side window with my hand cupped to banish reflections and the owner came back. Didn't seem overly impressed :ROFLMAO:
Loadsa money !!

Agreed although not an overly expensive car they do seem to be purchased by folks with a bit of wonga. Certainly around here anyway. I live near to Sandbach and have actually only seen two. The white one I have seen more than a few times I think comes from one of the big houses in the Congleton road area. And driven by a chap of mature age. As you will know you only need to look at the majority of properties in that area to see how affluent it is.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Loadsa money !!

Agreed although not an overly expensive car they do seem to be purchased by folks with a bit of wonga. Certainly around here anyway. I live near to Sandbach and have actually only seen two. The white one I have seen more than a few times I think comes from one of the big houses in the Congleton road area. And driven by a chap of mature age. As you will know you only need to look at the majority of properties in that area to see how affluent it is.

Sorry to hijack the thread.
Ha! I was cycling through Sandbach the other day and saw him! I got curious and went up there on the way back just to see where he was - it's on the Taylor Wimpey side of the development rather than the Seddon and they're much less expensive.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The car is so small and easy to place that damaging the alloys comes down to a lack / loss of concentration issue.

(Fingers crossed) I’ve had no issues in 10 months of driving.

P.S. - I’m also one of those drivers stepping into the GTi after a string of very expensive machinery. It’s a bit of fun while I wait for the price of the Macca 570GT to fall a bit more... :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
The car is so small and easy to place that damaging the alloys comes down to a lack / loss of concentration issue.

(Fingers crossed) I’ve had no issues in 10 months of driving.

P.S. - I’m also one of those drivers stepping into the GTi after a string of very expensive machinery. It’s a bit of fun while I wait for the price of the Macca 570GT to fall a bit more... :)
Cheers for that. I'm not so worried about kerbing them as such, more just night-time potholes or situations where you can't avoid them. They are plentiful round here!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts