Up Owners Club banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Read Only
53 Posts
Im sorry for the double photos.
i have no idea why it’s done that. Or made some full and some small.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Good post, well done, glad you've got it sorted !

·
Read Only
53 Posts
Thank you. Easy fix. No worries.
it took longer to put the car on to the ramp and find it. Than it did to fix it.

I can see why maybe this is easily overlooked when it goes back into Vw.

Unless you actually grab hold of the fuel lines and move the fuel pipes it doesn’t look like there’s anything wrong at all and it only vibrates between 1800 rpm and 2000. That would take up 2 techs time trying to find it which doesn’t happen and is extremely rare.

glad I got the info from here. I really don’t think I or Vw would have found it other wise.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Not sure if it’s been posted before but this is the fix .

Reactions: Jacara

·
Registered
197 Posts
As per Sean66 - a trivial home fix! :)
No dealer needed. As if they were any use.
I fully agree.

From experience I would suggest that the VW dealer is the place to get your service done to preserve your warranty, but for anything else, forget it. They have neither the knowledge or interest to resolve any issues for you, other than something directly indicated by a fault code. Asking them to investigate or resolve anything else will only result in utter frustration and spoil your ownership enjoyment !

·
Registered
168 Posts
Asking them to investigate or resolve anything else will only result in utter frustration and spoil your ownership enjoyment.

No sh*t. Beyond useless.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've done about 350 miles in my GTI since I got it at the beginning of September. On Saturday morning, it started making the buzzing noise described in this thread. I refuelled it on Friday evening.

It happens in every gear (and neutral) in a very narrow rev range; between 1,750 and 2,100 RPM.

Is the fuel line clip fix as easy as it sounds? My DIY abilities are almost entirely absent.

Is this likely to cause any harm if I just ignore it until it next goes into the dealership (which could be some considerable time away)?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Do you have a local friendly garage you can take it to? l would imagine it's a ten minute job once it's on the ramps.
You could show them the video above, which shows the solution to the noise.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sadly not. There's a VW service centre not far away but it's only open when I'm at work. That's why I'd like to know if I can just ignore it if it's not going to do any harm (or get noticeably worse).

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
lf the fault is as described above, then it won't do any harm to leave it.

Maybe an idea to report it to your VW dealer, you never know they might say "ah yes we know what that is, we can do it while you wait"

·
Registered
32 Posts
It seems like this might be temperature-related (for me, at least): when it first happened, it was about 6 degrees C outside. Yesterday morning, when it happened again, it was about 4.5 degrees. When I drove home last night it was about 18 degrees and there was no buzzing at all. :unsure:

·
Registered
197 Posts
lf the fault is as described above, then it won't do any harm to leave it.

Maybe an idea to report it to your VW dealer, you never know they might say "ah yes we know what that is, we can do it while you wait"
I would suggest that they’d be much more likely to respond with something along the lines of “No fault found” when you return to collect your vehicle.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Drove it again early this morning with an ambient temperature of about 5 degrees. No vibration at all. Either the bit's fallen off or it's sorted itself out. :unsure:

41 - 58 of 58 Posts