Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm from Italy and just ordered my new UP! on tuesday :) Got a 90 days wait for one here though :(

I ordered the 1 litre Petrol/Methane (is that what it's called in english??) engine. I ordered a Move UP! with all extra accessories except maps+more and alloy wheels (mainly for map update and tire costs, have you checked the 15'' and 16'' tire prices compared to the 14''????? they are double here!!).

Anyway can't wait to get it :) I ordered the sound pack aswell and it's got something about a better "detailed" screen which i suppose is some extra functions in the MFA screen?? Does someone already own a UP! and can tell me what they see in the MFA screen?

Thank you,
James

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
the 'detail' is a trip computer with mpg/temp/speed etc , (only available in UK with reversing sensors and cruise control!

M&M is a great value item, worth having imho.

welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is external temperature included? Or si that just on the M&M?

I hope mine has KM/L not MPG, LOL :)

By the way is Methane the right wording? basically mine is an "ECO UP!" it runs on Gas instead of petrol (like LPG but cheaper).

Edited by: scarja

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just checked the volkswagen.co.uk website and you don't get ECO UP! version :) you can see it on the italian website:
http://it.volkswagen.com/it/CC5.html
I see you get a choice wether the UP! has Start&Stop (Bluemotion)?? We don't, it's just included and thats it.

I think you call it CNG I found a british article for you all:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/volkswagen/up/first-drives/first-drive-review-volkswagen-eco

Thats what I've ordered :) (it's common to run on CNG or LPG in italy)

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
yes Its cng in the uk but we are not getting the eco-up (no cng network) yes, the outside temp is shown and it dings when it goes to 4 degrees or less.

we are due to get the diesel/electric hybrid version (2cyl diesel plus motor)total=70BHP in UK but not sure when, still waiting for the GT info first.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah my uncle told me the UK is low on GAS station :(

Sorry for you, I run about 400km on 11‚¬ (which should be about 8 pounds).

Deffenently would like to see the GT version :) I think we will be getting the electric version too, will it be like the toyota hybrids that run on electric to about 50km/h and then switch to the diesel or petrol engine? That wouldn't be much good for me because I'm offen on motorways and the speed limit (which in italy is used as the minimal speed you run at
) is 130 km/h

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice Jarre

How many KM do you have now?

James

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Pubic Stations????

brilliant typo! I enjoyed that!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Privatedoc said:
Pubic Stations????

brilliant typo! I enjoyed that!
haha
didn't notice the missing "l" LOL

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi James

A Bit over 600 km. No Problem Until now.
Details of Gas usage you Find here :
Spritmonitor

Saluti del svizzera
Jarre

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ah ok so only 600 :) very very new car then. I do about 500km a week :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
scarja said:
I ordered the 1 litre Petrol/Methane (is that what it's called in english??) engine.
It's the eco-up!
Or Ecofuel up!

Methane is fine.

have you checked the 15'' and 16'' tire prices compared to the 14''????? they are double here!!).
It's the same here in Belgium.
The tyre sizes VW has chosen, are not exactly the most common / cheapest of the lot.

Tyres with more common sizes are a lot cheaper, even in 15 or 16 inch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts