Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally did it, bought an up.

High up, tungsten silver, second hand (registered 2012), done just shy of 5k miles, polka cloth (grey) seats, black dash, got it for 9k.

No extras on it, but it was pretty cheap for the top spec (sort of top spec) and I'm happy with it. I'll get some photos sorted when i collect this week.

First things first, new speakers! Does anyone have any idea how difficult (impossible?) it is to wire in new speakers front and rear? The dealer manager said it's not too difficult, just depends if it's been pre-wired or not (for rear speakers). Any info would be appreciated :)

Really happy. And the best part is, no expensive Alfa maintenance to worry about! Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
957 Posts
Nice colour Fidel swopping an Alfa for an UP can't be bad .....don't forget the pics !Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
851 Posts
I get my tungsten silver high up in 3 weeks. The dealer already has it - just waiting now for the calendar to roll past 1st March. I can't wait to play with the M&M and sensor pack gadgets.

·
Registered
957 Posts
AlanG said:
I get my tungsten silver high up in 3 weeks. The dealer already has it - just waiting now for the calendar to roll past 1st March. I can't wait to play with the M&M and sensor pack gadgets.
Just in time for the better weatherEdited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Managed to work out the figures in my head and we don't have to borrow any money..

I was offered 6.25k at the VW, and they cut £100 off the car to round out the balance to £3k which we're able to pay in full from savings. Replenishing our savings monthly will be 10x more cost effective than paying the bank or VW interest.

Also got free valeting for a year (each month I can bring it in and get a full work), free mats, warranty for 2 years, servicing for 3 years, all thrown in! Oh, and a full tank as well!

I honestly think I've got bargain of the year on this. Not sure if it's standard but we also get discount on official VW parts (10%) for as long as we have the car.
Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
851 Posts
With only 5k miles on the clock it will seem like a new car that's the best of all worlds: nicely run in and no VAT to pay!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got it, and I have to say we love it already.

It was from Stoubridge Mega Monkey, and I can't rate them highly enough. Managed to get the car turned around for me from yesterday afternoon to pick up today.

Photos to follow as soon as get them uploaded.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I got mine from Stourbridge too, although I now use bham for any work that needs doing. Have fun with the little vee dub :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some photos (poor light quality and just on my iphone):

Mod lists TBC:

various bulb replacements
wind deflectors
replacement of front speakers, wiring in rear speakers
possible spoiler?
possible side skirts?
lowering (last job as probably the most expensive excluding the skirts)
Sunshades (courtesy of Rockuphttp://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/new-sunshades_topic4905.html )

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the tungsten silver looks very good indeed, especially with the alloys.

Another thing I want to do is change the centre caps to black, but still undecided on that at the moment.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi everybody took delivery of my new High Up blue motion in Mayan Blue last week after a wait of 10 weeks was not bothered about having a march number plate to excited on getting the car also my beloved mondeo no tax or insurance so the Up arrived just in time must say they are great little motors comfortable and nippy I am well pleased if it runs and lasts as well as my mondeo Ghia X which I have had from new 2001 then I reckon I will be keeping my Up for 10 years or more. The car was delivered to me from JCB Medway in Kent I live in Waltham Abbey Essex and I had done all my dealing with them over the phone and email negotiotated discount of £995 and very good service from them on taking delivery was not to sure of the mayan blue colour (bit bright) but now love it so now like all of you on this forum I am a happy UP bunny

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi hypnotic golfer. Nice car! I'm waiting for my UP! From jcb Medway too.
Should be ready mid March and we're getting a bit excited now.
Quick question- how was your delivery experience? Did the delivery driver
Just hand the keys over and take off or did you get a proper handover service?
I'd like to go and pick our new toy up in person but it's a bit of a trek to get there.
Just wondering what we should do, any insight you can give me would be very
much appreciated.
When we were deciding what we wanted, I looked at the same blue but the wife thought
it was a bit bright so we went for red. Seeing the blue in person makes me realise it's
a really unusual colour and suits the car perfectly! Great choice!

·
Registered
14 Posts
HiShamurai71 at first I also thought I would like to go and collect my Up but when the sales person (james Callaway) offered the delivery I took it and must say the delivery guy (Lee Callaway ) no relation he said,

was great he sat and explained everything to me and answered all my questions the car came with a full tank

of petrol so I was pleased all round with the service I am sure you are getting excited now about taking

delivery in fact I was like a big kid awaiting a birthday present so my wife said.

Yes I must admit when I first saw the colour I thought a bit to bright but now I am used to it love it in fact I

am surprised how much I enjoy driving my new Up I have always had ford mondeo size cars in fact it reminds

me of my very first new car when I was 21 a brand new green mini one of the first models oh so long ago

anyway enjoy your new toy and if the delivery guy is Lee Callaway give my regards.

Look forward to seeing your new car when posting on the forum

Be Lucky

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Think we'll probably do that then.
We're getting our little up as a second car next to our Saab 9-3 TTid, the
Up as a daily driver and the Saab for holidays and shopping. As we have both
always had large cars we were a bit concerned about interior space but we needn't
have worried 'cos there's loads!
I'm sure our pooch will love it also. (Which reminds me, I need seat covers.)
Please post some more pics and I'll do the same when ours arrives.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts