Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,
Finally managed to get registered on the site after more than a few rejections due to some spam database message.
I live in Ireland but work either in the UK or, as present, here in Japan for three months.
Bought a dark silver Up!(Titanium perhaps ?)a few weeks ago and was very pleased with it for the ten days I had it before coming away.
Didn't order it specially, just walked in and saw what they had in stock waiting. On reflection I'd go for very basic black one to hide the black plastic door handles and no extras at all, wind up windows and no A/C would be the way.
Not overly impressed with the maps part of the Maps+More, but addicted to the Think Blue trainer display and the music on the SD card is great.
I really like the push out windows in the back, very retro, and reminds me of old cars in the past.

I'll have a look around the car places here and see if I can get some of the usual bizarre Japanese add ons

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi to Japan!

I own a Kawasaki Estrella which is very rare in Germany (and even more in Europe).
Japan is the "Land of the Estrella" and there are thousands - as Japanese have different driving tests and the 250cc motorbikes make sense there. They customize the Estrella like crazy (and sometimes very bizarre) ...

Saw some youtube clips by up! owners from Japan.

You should have posted one or two month earlyier and showed us photos of your up! during "Sakura" (cherry blossom time).

Have a nice time with your up! and in Japan!
Andreas (from Germany)

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That colour is probably Tungsten silver. Really good choice of colour.

·
Read Only
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Timii,

You are quite right, Tungsten is the colour, or Wolfram I think it's called in Germany. The inside top of the doors look good painted in the body colour at the moment without any scratches on them yet.
I'm hoping to get some clear film to protect the door sills as I the one's I've seen so far are a bit obvious.

I see you're from North Somerset, I was born in Thornbury many many years ago and one of my brothers still lives in Nailsea.

Small world isn't it?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
jimv50 said:
Thanks Timii,

You are quite right, Tungsten is the colour, or Wolfram I think it's called in Germany ...
The company I work for sells Scanning Electron Microscopes ...
So, I needed no dictionary to know that "Tungsten Silver" means "Wolfram Silber" (an expression we do not use). "Wolfram" is the right translation and "Wolfram Silber" would have been a lovely car-colour-name! Even better as "Wolfsburg" is the home of VW.
Sadly, it is just called "Dark Silver" in Germany ...

By the way; VW Wolfsburg is one of our customers with a tungsten cathode SEM ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts