Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, picked up new High Up! last Wednesday, brilliant little car. Always loved small cars since learning to drive in the 80's. We've had a number of classic minis, and for the last 13 years BMW minis (7 in total). Our last car was a Countryman One which was ok, five doors and more space, but handled badly, gutless and was over priced. We decided to have a total change and went to VW as we had a mk2 Golf at one time. Test drove the Up! and then thought let's try the Polo. What a disappointment, I'd thought bigger model, more money would equate to more comfort, more performance etc but I was totally wrong.

The Up! reminds me of the original mini. Huge fun to drive, zippy engine, good handling, economical, cheap to run. i'm sure VW have changed the laws of physics (contrary to the owners manual) as it can't be that roomy inside and look so small on the outside.

High UP!, Candy white, sensor pack, DAB.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Welcome to the club and thank you for the positive review. I have had many cars over the last fifty years and am very impressed with the Up! I hope you have many years of enjoyable motoring. For me every day it is a pleasure to drive my Up!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi rosemj2,

welcome to our forum! Wrote you a PM because I love Shrophire ...
Made my driving licence in 1982 ...

I will get my black high up! in one or two weeks.
I compared the up! an Polo data. There are some millimeters (less an inch) more space in the Polo - but the up! is higher and has more space in the boot! In March the "New Polo" had no navi radio available - so, I ordered the up! (former cars were three Polos and one Lupo) ...

I love the white (and red) up! because they stress the wonderful design of the up!.
Black was only because I haven't washed my Lupo for 10.5 years ...

Have a lot of fun here!
Andreas

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi Rosemj2 just reading about your mini ,my first mini was a green Mini Cooper with a white roof twin petrol tanks many many years ago ,and you are correct the up does remind me of the mini but they are definitely over priced the last one I bought was about thirteen thousand for the mini one ,didn't keep it long , the up is one of the best cars I have ever driven
And I have driven rather a lot , it's just so lovely to drive its nippy good on fuel cheep insurance /road tax what Moore does a motorist want ,VW have got it Spot on with this beautiful car , I hope you enjoy your car as much as I and many
Other members on the forum do ,WELCOME
Phill,,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts