Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I have been checking out the website, reading lots of great posts and getting a feel for the forum over the last few weeks.

I got my 2012 High UP in Red last week and have been totally loving it. Its a bit of a change from my previous car as my previous one was an R56 Mini Cooper S.

I had my mini for about 4 years and if I am being honest the novelty of having it wore off very quickly with the associated running costs. The Up is a fab little car to drive, I like the way it feels like a big well kitted out kind of luxury car and it is still very much a small city car.

So hello to you all and looking forward to getting to know lots of you and get lots of tips as I know I will start moding and changing bits very soon

Stephen

Edited by: Up1984

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a common misconception. The cooper s has performance parts.. An example is..A front and rear brake disc and pads service was the guts of a grand.. And with the 18" jcw wheels and jcw exhaust on the car I got 27 mpg.. Not good as a do a lot of mileage for work. Service was broken down into several a year too rather than one a year and each one tended to be quite steep. I fancied running a really economical car for a few years and the vw up fitted the billEdited by: Up1984

·
Registered
851 Posts
Wow, i had no idea minis were that expensive. Did you get the three years' free servicing with your up? That cuts cost of up ownership by even more!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's why the novelty wore off very quickly lol! My up is a 12 plate so I have a years free servicing and warrantee from the dealership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts