Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

Just a quick hi to everyone who has decided to buy this charming little car.

Me and my girlfriend decided to buy one together (ordered today) and I'm hoping to pass my test in the next year and be put on to her insurance and finally be able to get out on the open road!

Thanks VW,

Gary.

[VW Take Up!, 5dr, Candy White, Maps and More, Comfort Pack]

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi, I can't think of a better car to pass your test in, you'll be out and about in no time

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hello and welcome.

What's the estimated delivery time you have been given?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

We were looking at a 4 month wait but the dealership said they found an exact match for our spec and trim in another dealership, so ideally, if it hasn't sold already, it should be with us in around 2-3 weeks!

I'm really excited about learning, I've not bothered since I was 18 (26 now). My main concern was that I'm 6'7. I managed to fit into the drivers seat ok but are there any other giants out there that can give the up interior a thumbs up for driver space?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
There's definitely some over 6 footers on here who I am sure will comment. Not sure if anyone is 6'7 though

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Gary,

I have broad shoulders and I am 6'2....6'3 if I stand up straight!

I fit in the Up! perfectly. The seats go back further than my old car!

For me I thought I wouldnt fit as my legs are short and my torso is tall. I still have plenty of room.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So our shiny new Up! arrived last Friday with just 11miles on the clock... It's safe to say it's now up to around 150.

My girlfriend hasn't driven for over 2 years so it's all new for her.

Great little car VW!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts