Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Up! world,

We are about to take delivery in the next week or so our factory-fresh Take Up! in the lovely Tornado Red.

This place seems pretty cool, I hope you'll be able to help with any queries we may have that VW may not be able to help with.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Feel free to ask as many questions as you want although a great many issues have already been addressed on this forum so it's a good idea to do a little search before asking. When you take delivery make sure your dealer runs through all the controls and sets up Maps and More if you have it. Take time to read the manual and try unlocking the petrol cap before you need to fill up. Hope you enjoy your Up! as much as I enjoy mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice.

I had a few hours with a demo Up! this afternoon, and the fuel cap did catch me out for about 30 seconds :/, but I put £10 of fuel in it when near empty and it filled to near half-full, very pleasing!

We didn't go for any options, but I've been looking on here for a few days already checking out some small modifications - better bulbs are on my list, potentially front speaker replacements too - and do all models come prepared for M+M? The car I was in today had the little oblong cover on the dash with the small gold connectors beneath, so I'm hoping it might be something I can purchase later on.

I'll leave this thread for questions now and get stuck in to the others, though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Col B said:
...I put £10 of fuel in it when near empty and it filled to near half-full, very pleasing!
I find just over £40 of fuel takes the tank from nearly empty to brimmed.

As has been mentioned quite a bit on the forum, the fuelgaugeseems to accelerate as it goes down, so don't believe that a half-full reading is really half full!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Snap, Tornado red Take Up.

I have M&M but you have to specify it a the time of your order.It is my understanding that it cannot be retro fitted by the dealer.Hope this does not dampen you spirits though, as the are great cars with or without M&M.

Go well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guessed as much about the non-retro fitting :( I'm not too fond of the homebrew fitting described on here, either....

I'll just get a decent iPhone 5 cradle and jam that onto the dash instead.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi you have definitely made the right choice of car .It drives so beautiful you just want to drive every where in one day
and not get out .Good luck and happy motoring
phill.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, we are chuffed with the car for sure! It just feels so much roomier and more solid than other tiny cars like it.

I was aiming for potholes when out on demo yesterday afternoon and it's great at dealing with them. I won't be aiming for them in our own, though....!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Col B said:
I guessed as much about the non-retro fitting :( I'm not too fond of the homebrew fitting described on here, either....

I'll just get a decent iPhone 5 cradle and jam that onto the dash instead.
Several of us bought the Mountek nGroove CD slot mount for our mobiles and it works brilliantly. At the time, we had to buy it from Mountek in the US and have it shipped across the pond. But i see that Amazon stocks it now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts