Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally picked up our 116i SE after the dealer forgot to put it through the workshop last week even though they let us have a 116d M SPort for the w/e. The car has a lovely lively and smooth 1.6 turbo petrol engine, handles well a bit less roll in the corners than my up! if not quite as easy to drive.

Edited by: jezyg

·
Registered
811 Posts
Very nice, I am quite tempted......

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ian986 said:
Is the m sport one yours too ?

Nope the M Sport was a loan car for the weekend as we just had the up! and needed five seats for the weekend.

Not too keen on the M-Sport Seats andpreferredmy 116i to the 116d engine wise, but got plenty of comments on the colour and the M Sport bodykit with the 18" wheels looked really nice.

The F20 looks better and does drive much better than the E87 IMO, still don't think it is the nocest looking car on the road but is a great car to drive.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yeah F20 is a lot better ride even on 19,s

Yes the 116i engine has same performance as 118d now petrols have caught up a lot lately

I has a M135 couple weeks ago was awesome

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ian986 said:
Yeah F20 is a lot better ride even on 19,s

Yes the 116i engine has same performance as 118d now petrols have caught up a lot lately

I has a M135 couple weeks ago was awesome
M135i is a performance bargain especially as it came out 10k less than the similar power RS3. Had a 118d for a week and found performance wise the 116i to be the same. I had an E87 116i and that was horrid even after I had it chipped. Too little power and especially torque for the size and weight of the car. The F20 116i has basically nicked the 1.6 turbo petrol engine from the Mini Copper S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts