Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am just about to order an Up! and think that I have sorted out the spec that I am after but would like to hear some of views on my choices.

My Spec:
High up in Night Blue
Sports pack - Mainly for the suspension and the alloys look good too.
Chrome pack - I think that the chrome bits look good and no other reason!
DAB radio - I have read about some thinking that the reception may not be as good as the FM. I listen to a lot of DAB stations at home and liked the idea of it in the car.
Panoramic roof - Adds light and a feeling of more space, and like the fresh air option, for the occasional day it doesn't rain!

I am undecided about the sensor pack. I don't want parking sensors or cruse control really, but would like to know what the other computer functions/ multi-functions the sensor pack has over the standard Maps and More. If I don't get the sensor pack then what will I be missing?

I look forward to hearing from you and can't wait to get my Up!

Cheers

·
Registered
325 Posts
The sensor pack has nothing over M&M, really. It just lets you see the information that M&M shows on its Trip Computer screen in a compact form underneath the speedometer. You should only go for the sensor pack if you want the rear parking sensors and/or cruise control.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
If you don't have the leatherette ...
The "winter pack" means heated seats ...
The DAB already has the 6 speakers? A "must" ...
M&M? A small car with a "built in" navi was one of the main reasons for me. M&M also means SDD card with songs on it and some extras like fuel control ...

The parking sensor was not so important for me (but not bad). The "City Notbremssystem" (city emergency brake system???) of the sensor pack was more important to me ...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Metallic paint and sensor pack was the only extras i went for. On my commute (where i don't need sat nav) i play music on m&m via the micro SD card with album art on display. While that's going on, i can assess my fuel consumption on the dashboard display. The cruise control has turned out to be flawed, because it maintains a constant speed even going up hill. This means you catch up other cars very quickly on hills as all the other cars that are not speed controlled, slow down together - but not you. When you don't have cruise control, you're never aware of the rate of deceleration. You can click down the speed - but it takes ages to slow down and is rarely quick enough because the brakes are never applied.Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Cruise control is designed to maintain a set speed. Maintaining a constant speed going uphill is not a flaw.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
As above, only get the sensor pack if you want cruise or park sensors, M&M has all the computer functions

Chrome....well my car came with it and it's nice

Sunroof, not huge and relatively expensive but worth it if you like that sort of thing, I prefer full convertibles

Otherwise, great spec...if I had the chance to respec mine, I'd defo have dab and leather look seatsEdited by: Privatedoc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The leather look seats were a thought but I had heard they get rather hot and sticky in summer, prompting memories of pealing my legs off the vinyl seats in my Mum's 1977 mini back in the day! Is this true?

If there is no difference between the M&M and the sensor pack apart from the cruise and parking sensors then it's not worth the extra to me.

Cheers

·
Registered
333 Posts
I agree wish mine had Dab
phill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the deed is done and the order placed. Patience never been my strong point but the next ten weeks will be torture!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The posts helped to confirm my thoughts, that I didn't need the sensor pack so I didn't get it. It tried a demonstrator with the imitation leather but decided against and kept to the standard seats. DAB Radio got some great feedback so that's on the list as did the chrome pack. The pan roof was just an extravagant gift to myself!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi - I ordered the High Up! which has the Sound Pack (4 speakers) , didn't realise the DAB Tuner adds extra speakers as the UK website gives no additional information other than it adds the tuner.. does anyone know if its the same 4 Sound Pack speakers or a full speaker upgrade with the DAB..

Does it also have an additional window aeriel?

I'm now thinking of adding the DAB before my Up is built

I've seen the "fun" members have had fitting better/additional speakers and appreciate the benefits but would never tackle it myself or pay an aftermarket sound dealer to do it

·
Registered
53 Posts
AuntieSpam said:
Hi - I ordered the High Up! which has the Sound Pack (4 speakers) , didn't realise the DAB Tuner adds extra speakers as the UK website gives no additional information other than it adds the tuner.. does anyone know if its the same 4 Sound Pack speakers or a full speaker upgrade with the DAB..

Does it also have an additional window aeriel? 

I'm now thinking of adding the DAB before my Up is built

I've seen the "fun" members have had fitting better/additional speakers and appreciate the benefits but would never tackle it myself or pay an aftermarket sound dealer to do it
I have a high up with a DAB radio. It has 6 speakers. One in each door panel and one in each column between the windscreen and front doors. I don't know what spec they are but the sound quality seems fine to me.

There is no window aerial but the reception I get is crystal clear.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The German configurator disables things which are
- not available in a special config
- are included by choosing other things (leatherette > seat heating inluded)

In Germany the DAB+ costs 225‚¬.
The "sound plus" (6 seapkers) for 121‚¬ is still clickable afterwards. So, in Germany DAB+ does not include the spaeakers. This makes sense, as DAB+ can run with 2 sparkers, 6 speakers or Fender Sound System ...

The DAB+ aerial is surely included somehow.
Maybe it has a second aerial somewhere else or it's roof aerial is a "twin aerial" for normal plus DAB+ ...

You should hurry up if your up! was ordered but hasn't been built yet. Maybe DAB+ can be added - maybe it's already too late ...

·
Registered
171 Posts
scuba_2903 said:
AuntieSpam said:
Hi - I ordered the High Up! which has the Sound Pack (4 speakers) ,
I have a high up with a DAB radio. It has 6 speakers. One in each door panel and one in each column between the windscreen and front doors.
Unless they've changed recently, both the Sound Pack and the High up! have four extra speakers (the Configurator isn't clear about that), bringing the total to six, laid out as scuba_2903 says.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is my first & last VW UP!, now the 2014 MINI is available I am seriously considering that as my next car as soon as I can get rid.

·
Registered
333 Posts
You say you are getting a mini I don't think they are worth the money .had three
Definitely wouldn't have another I find the up a fantastic car for your money
Hope you decide the right decision Regards phill

1 - 20 of 20 Posts