Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting to read all the posts and one that makes me smile is the stress of ordering a new car.

You casually stroll into the dealers and explain which car you are interested in. You do the deal and agree a date (which may be months away) and all this is in a relaxed manner !

You go home and then you change personality, the impatience begins.

You want the car now !! and start to come up with lots of questions :

Did I get a good deal.

Did I pick the right make.

Did I pick the right model.

Did I pick the right colour.

How many delivery miles are acceptable.

Will I have time to check it all out when I collect it.

You keep looking at the catalogue.

etc., etc. ......... or do you order one and forget all about it until it arrives ?

Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree entirely - but we love it when it eventually arrives. I wont bore you with problems over private plates but they are taking an age to sort

·
Registered
448 Posts
Derkie54 said:
Interesting to read all the posts and one that makes me smile is the stress of ordering a new car.

You casually stroll into the dealers and explain which car you are interested in. You do the deal and agree a date (which may be months away) and all this is in a relaxed manner !

You go home and then you change personality, the impatience begins.

You want the car now !! and start to come up with lots of questions :

Did I get a good deal. Yes of course because you came away happy.

Did I pick the right make. Yes.

Did I pick the right model.Who knows...Your choice.

Did I pick the right colour. See above.

How many delivery miles are acceptable. 7 to 20 ".

Will I have time to check it all out when I collect it. Yes.

You keep looking at the catalogue. Fatal!! Just think about the Spec you have and wait and enjoy. Well worth it!!

etc., etc. ......... or do you order one and forget all about it until it arrives ?

Can you Honestly forget about it.....I doubt It...We become Kids at Christmas eve...Can't wait.

Enjoy.

Go well.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm buying my high up from the same dealer that supplies Drive The Deal to benefit from the big discounts they offer and this place is at least 150 miles from me - so that will be my delivery mileage. But the discount makes it easily acceptable.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Agreed.

I still wonder if I should have ordered light blue instead of white but you can't really tell until you've had the car for a while anyway.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Lol, I agree with you, Derkie :)

Once I've ordered a new car, I partake of the following activities in no particular order:

- buy unnecessary accessories off eBay to help pass the time
- buy/read lots more motoring magazines
- dredge the Internet for online reviews of the car I've just ordered
- get excited when I realise I have forgotten to look for video reviews on YouTube
- clean the drive/car park/garage ready for the new arrival
- keep reconfiguring the car I've just ordered on the manufacturer's website

How sad am I?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Lol. I've got about 8 configurations on the configurator. I like to check i've not missed a trick. Trouble is, I felt i had missed a trick by not specifying the sensor pack. Anyway, i've just ordered up no.2 and have rectified the situation.

·
Registered
65 Posts
UpMan said:
Lol, I agree with you, Derkie :)

Once I've ordered a new car, I partake of the following activities in no particular order:

- buy unnecessary accessories off eBay to help pass the time
- buy/read lots more motoring magazines
- dredge the Internet for online reviews of the car I've just ordered
- get excited when I realise I have forgotten to look for video reviews on YouTube
- clean the drive/car park/garage ready for the new arrival
- keep reconfiguring the car I've just ordered on the manufacturer's website

How sad am I?
As sad as me
I have just replaced my 3 door with a 5 doorand agreed a deal for a new Tiguan Match so you know what I am doing!!!

Edited by: Roakley

1 - 8 of 8 Posts