Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just seen a new up! advert on Dave. It's set in a "Kwik-e-Mart" with a young lady buying some sweets and making an impulse purchase of a white Take up! hanging on the wall.

Nick

·
Registered
604 Posts
similar to the Golf one in the market place then

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is no advertising here in Portugal. You may not believe but i've only seen oneup! (excluding the dealer's demo cars) in the street. Seems that now that may change as Europcar will have the vw up! available for rental with 20% off...

·
Registered
20 Posts
The advert where the couple are in a supermarket and put a car on the trolley is for a Polo, not an up :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
I saw a magazine advert for an Up! On a fruit & veg stall, before I had chance to look at it my partner had thrown it in the bin....

·
Registered
604 Posts
Leif said:
When the Up was first released in the UK, the UK press was full of Up adverts, mostly two page spreads, quite expensive. Are adverts really needed given the reviews? Don't most people buy the motoring rags, and read the recommendations?

the advert is what got me, but saying that why spend more money on advertising when salefigures are so good andoutstrippingthe skoda and seat

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think many have missed the point with both this and the golf advert, they are trying to highlight just how easy it is to buy a new vw using the vw financial solutions. It really isn't showing a particular car model, but merely using the up as an example of a vw car...

It is a bit of a stupid advert though... As it's really not showing a offer price or something different from the standard vw purchase terms... anyway how would you drive it off the shelf too?!!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Think it is trying to say a VW is an everyday object that is easy to buy, almost an impulse purchase. this combined with the 'sounds like a golf' ad means quality is easily available to the average punter.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just seen that on tv lol
Watching A&E on channel 4 ;)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Saw the ad last night. First one I've seen with an up! in it since the main ad that made me order mine in the first place, and that was back at the beginning of March!

Definitely more of a "how easy it is to buy a VW" ad than one for a specific model. Still nice to see an up! on the telly again though.

·
Registered
217 Posts
There you go

[TUBE]RIhB2xml60M[/TUBE]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Brilliant

1 - 15 of 15 Posts