Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

We have just placed (or should I say hijacked our local dealers order) for a 5 door up! White which is already on the ship and should be with us in the next week or so. It's just a basic car with no options but from reading up it seems they are well speced cars anyhow and there's not much I would have changed anyhow.

After having a used focus for the last 6 months and having nothing but trouble with it, we just wanted back in a new Vw ASAP and figured that for our situation and driving it would be ideal. Plus the dealer gave us a decent trade in for the focus even with a non working turbo.

We are both really looking forward to getting it now and having a car we can rely on again.

Paul

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Excellent, both ours took around 12 weeks to come!......you are right , decent spec to start, only added the sensor packs to ours as we wanted cruise, and the sound upgrade was a cheap extra. Ask your dealer for a full size spare though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As In a space saver? He said he could do one for £50 so might do. We would probably have gone for the sound upgrade but needed a replacement car sooner rather than later so had to do without.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Heh ... I wouldnt class the Up! White as a "basic" car lol... unless you mean by basic it comes with all the bells & whistles as standard :) Up!Black arrives Monday 18th - WOOT!
(with full tank of petrol & the interior & exterior Supaguard treatment thrown in free by the dealer!)

Basically, I thought that was a **** good freebie :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aye I ment basic as in we put no extra options on it. Not as in they are basic cars!
I'm not even letting the dealer touch the car so will clean and prep it myself. I don't let dealerships near my new cars as I've seen them in action, basically it's a case of if you pay your valeters peanuts and then get them to rush cars out then they really ain't gonna make a good job.
Full tank of petrol would be nice tho.

So the spare is a full size wheel?

·
Registered
261 Posts
LOL Thought that was what u were getting at! Sat in an Up! White the other day while waiting to chat to the dealer - it had the leather seat option and it did look & feel rather classy, but I dont think they justify the £650 extra cost - and as the brochure calls them "leather look" so not full leather! We like the 'standard' stripes seats that come with - same design/support as the leather ones anyway and we think look pretty cool and exclusive to our marque :) and to get the leather steering wheel & gear gaiter you need to order the leather option - also the classic alloys are a £350 option so all in all the extra £790 against a 3dr High Up! is well worth it when you compare the extras that are 'thrown' in - I reckon we've chosen well mate!!! Cant bloody wait - 7 days to go to collection date!!Oh btw the spare is full size Im told but only steel rim

·
Registered
261 Posts
Oh aye, forgot to say... the dealer over here at Silverlink Wallsend is a decent one.. I had company car - VW Bora - and they prepped & looked after her for 4 years - never had an issue with these guys so Im gonna trust em to prep this one too.... Bought the service package too ( an added bonus is that they have a **** good coffee machine there lol)I was only joking on with the sales guy and was haggling for a set of free mats.... but as I upgraded from an ex demo Move Up! BMT ( located at Carlisle actually) to a brand spanking Black and Im paying cash maybe that swayed them ( unbidden) to throw in the free full tank of fuel & supaguard - definatley not complaining :)
We prolly taking delivery of our Up!s around the same time - I bet they 2 cars were ferry buddies hehe

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aye well mines showing on the ship at the moment on the tracker thing.
I doubt we will get out thrown in as the dealer gave me a good trade in on a non running car.
I'm still debating over the service pack £199 seems a good deal eh. Same with the spare, dealer says he will still do it for £50 even tho not on the order.
As far as the seats go I would never have speced leather as I love the retro look stripes and the alloys. I did the same thing with my mk5 Gti as I far preferred the tartan to the boring leather.
Just wish I could have gotten the speaker pack but I'm an electrician so will just change the front speakers if there crap.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Nice one Blocker I agree re the seats - we do like the stripey look. and Id snap his hand off for the service plan at £199! I thought its £299???I was too late in the build to add sound pack tho so if no good Ill be over to yours and pay you to fit new ones lol - tie will tell... 6 days to go

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
£50 spare is a no brainer, its about 180 squid to add later (inc jack/tools etc)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Spot on Doc... cant see why they charge more for it tho if you try to buy one after placing the order.. seems a bit off that especially when charging over 200% more! Modern Marketing i suppose, maybe its discounted first off?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
£50 is the extra over cost of having a spare wheel instead of the repair kit.

·
Registered
261 Posts
AYe BeeVee ... £50 if ordered when you order the new car but over £180 or so if you want to buy it post sale... just wondering why they can charge that much more

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
specing the spare deletes the repair kit so yes, it is instead rather than as well....however, if you use the kit to repair a tyre (if it works) then drive to a tyre dealer, you CANNOT have the tyre fixed, its an automatic new tyre so speccing the spare is paid for if you have ONE puncture that is repairable (and I have!)

same with run-flat tyres....drive on them flat and the dealer will not fix them...states it knackers the sidewalls!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Not according to Kwik Fit who say can be cleaned and repaired. Don't forget the spare is on a 14 inch rim and must be driven at low speed for short distance if you are driving on anything other than 14 inch rims. If a tyre is badly damaged it cant be repaired anyway.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Just My opinion but I wouldn't let a kwik fit alloy-wrecker near any vehicle of mine.....sorry experiences in the past with VERY expensive alloys !

as far as I'm concerned, You can't get thicker than a Kwik fit fitter

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good one Privatedoc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We are going to pick our up! err up! late this afternoon. Excited.
Just a quick question before I go. Do up! Whites and blacks come with mats?

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
705 Posts
As standard and they're not the same as those in the other models.

Nick

1 - 20 of 46 Posts