Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will anybody here be ordering either the Cross Up! or E-Up! seen as they both should be available this year? It goes without saying about the GT though. I wouldn't mind one myself!

I think that the Cross Up! looks a bit ungainly personally, but what do you guys & girls think?

·
Registered
851 Posts
There's supposed to be another model. Someone from the continent has ordered a cheer up although a UK dealer told a forum member that it's not coming to the UK and instead we'll have the Rock up! I reckon that will be the one for me!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Alan. As far as I am aware, though I haven't seen anything official yet for the Rock Up! yet. I wonder if VW will do as many variants as the Mini? I think they're taking that too far now.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I saw in What car? and Auto Express that the price of the GT would be between £13,000 and £13,500. It's a bit pricey, but I bet it'll be AWESOME!!!
Auto Express had the Cross Up! at £11,500.
Without sounding horrible though, it looks like something from Mexico or a developing country. I might be wrong when I see it in the flesh, and maybe the pictures don't do it justice. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
587 Posts
The problem is the up! is in danger of stepping on much bigger carsfinancially, that maybe slightly less economical but a little more refined depending on what you want. For the monthly price of a High up! with a little discount you can have a Polo 1.4 Match and a years free insurance. That is with the same deposit!

As good as the up! is, it still makes most sense IMO in Take up! and Move up! trims after that its fighting with its own brand and other excellent superminis. It is a cracking car and better than many cars in the class above though never mind its own class and is a lovely car to drive. In some respects I prefer driving my up! to my F20 1 Series especially round town where the light throw gearbox and light clutch make pootling around a doddle.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yes, the light clutch is certainly a stand out feature. I also think that the 57 mini varieties just look worse and worse. The current ones with the turned down mouth are plain ugly as are the stretched models. Although i agree that in general take and move make most sense financially, high makes most sense on a pcp as it is almost the same monthly cost for the same deposit.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanted a small car that was comfortable to drive, had good fuel economy and still had toys, like sat nav, etc, but also nice looking. The Up! ticked all those boxes. I just hope that the GT won't be too expensive, and stripped out, because I really want one!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts