Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Eveveryone. Was going to collect my new up! this afternoon and had a call saying its been recalled! Apparently they need to do a software update regarding airbags. To say I'm dissapointed is an understatement.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
O eck! Thats a shame!! I'd be so gutted : (

Has anyone else heard of this recall? Is it just this batch of ups?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Not sure if just this new batchas I stopped paying attention when she said I was not picking it up today. How do you like the ASG? Ive ordered the High up ASG and after reading some reviews am a bit worried, although I test drove move up and found it ok. Have driven dozens of different autos and never really had a problem with any.

·
Registered
811 Posts
That's bad, no wonder you are gutted. Do you have a new date?

·
Registered
202 Posts
a software update should take an afternoon tops!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
lindasup! said:
Hi. Not sure if just this new batch as I stopped paying attention when she said I was not picking it up today. How do you like the ASG? Ive ordered the High up ASG and after reading some reviews am a bit worried, although I test drove move up and found it ok. Have driven dozens of different autos and never really had a problem with any.
Hey, I love my asg! But if I was to buy another car (keeping my up!) I would of liked a up! Black whicj is only available in manual! It is annoying at times when I'm rushing but it just makes me think "eee just slow down and take my time!"

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that. Feel a bit better and looking forward to getting it. New pick up date is Wednesday, so not that bad, but still taken the shine off it a bit.Hubby was going to fit mud flaps and would have been nice to have a drive over bank hol to get used to it (and show it off!) They have said there will be compensation but now said what, but not expecting much. x

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't worry about the ASG - just learn to ease up on the pedal when you think it's about to change gear and the gearchange will be smooth. I too have driven many automatics and I am pleased with how smooth the Up! is, and when I think of all the petrol I save by not using a fluid clutch i'm delighted!Have a happy Wednesday and enjoy!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Linda. that's a bit poor. I know from my experience that a software update takes 5 - 10 minutes tops! What possible reason did they give you for delaying your collection until Wednesday? Did you see your little beauty when you went to sign your paperwork, or have you seen it actually at the dealership? Has it actually arrived there, or are they covering something up?
I'm not surprised that your miffed! I would have been having a stern word with the salesman if it was mine.
You get all excited with the build up, then someone has to go and pull the rug from under your feet!
I hope you get a call ASAP giving you some VERY good news.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi. they said it was delayed due to thebank holiday. not seen car as when ordered it was "still in transit" It is (supposed!) to be at theshowroom all clean and ready apart from the update. hope to hear something tomorrow x

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Linda. It might be worth "popping" in to see if it's there. You can check the update has been done and give it a quick inspection. I'm sure the dealer won't mind.
Matt

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi allJust to let you know I've collected my up! Looks lush and very pleased with it.Only prob is not got maps and more yet. should be here by weekend. apparently dont get delivered with the car?? Anyway at least I've got it sorted. cheers x

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Linda. I'm glad you got your baby!
It's a shame they didn't have the M+M for you though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Great to hear. Have you got any pictures of your new up yet? It's always nice to see some.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Have posted a pic in Gallery. I'm feeling much happier now I've got her home. Got a lovely bouquet, bottle of mobil oil, maps and more carry case and a nice chrome vw key fob. Apparently paintwork has been superguarded so thats a bonus. Also ordered full size spare wheel and mats. Hubby got some mud flaps which he will fit at weekend. x

·
Registered
811 Posts
Fantastic, I've just checked out the gallery and it's lovely. Hopefully it will be well worth the delay.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts