Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,<br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: normal;">I'm Nathan, I'm 22 and I'm from Falkirk in Central Scotland.
<br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: normal;">Been hunting for a new car for a while now that I have a full time job.
<br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: normal;">Having owned a lovely, big, B5 Passat (called Betty) for 2 years, she was sent out to pasture as she had 258000 miles on the clock and was in need of a lot of TLC plus with me moving out for uni I couldn't afford to keep her let alone fix her!

<br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: normal;">So after I left uni I moved back in with my parents, I needed to find a job. This took longer than I thought. So after 4.5 months on the brew, I eventually got a job at the end of October last year which has now allowed me to get a car! Woohoo! Seen as I didn't have much in the way of savings I've been looking at cheap little runabouts and then I stumbled across the glorious Volkswagen UP! I had to have one.<br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: normal;">I went through to my closest Arnold Clark VW and I've put a deposit down on this little mite today and should be taking delivery of himon Friday! :)

Cannot wait till Friday!

Thanks,
-nurrturn

Edited by: knightrider912

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice choice, i have the groove up,a cracking little motor with a nice little sound system,you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
851 Posts
knightrider912 said:
Ahaha! Thanks man :)

On the Up or the Passat?
I didn't even notice the ones on the Passat. Why would a dealer plaster the up knowing they'd all
have to come off again!?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AlanG said:
knightrider912 said:
Ahaha! Thanks man :)

On the Up or the Passat?
I didn't even notice the ones on the Passat. Why would a dealer plaster the up knowing they'd all
have to come off again!?
Honestly don't have a clue mate! Kind of annoyed me tbh. Its getting a valet and all that before I get it but I'm gonna need to check around where the stickers are properly because its been out on the lot since September. So I may need to do some correction if there has been some colour mismatching.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welsh1 said:
Nice choice, i have the groove up,a cracking little motor with a nice little sound system,you won't be disappointed.
Thanks! Yeah, the sound system was a big selling point for me! There was only 2 Grooves in the UK for sale on the Arnold Clark website, so glad I managed to get one of them! The other was orange and about £1500 more. If it was the same price then I would've gone with the orange but for £1500 I personally didn't feel it was worth it!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I love the white up!s!

They somehow remind me of my first Polo in 1984 ...

The orange groove up! fancy seams look extremely good on a white up!

By the way ...
Could someone explain what the "63" means? You talked about the "63" before but I don't know the meaning. Does it state production year???
On my research about Roland bass amplifiers I found out that some dates on old Japanese Roland amplifier manuals stated the "Showa time" (reign of Hirohito).
It's the 63th year of Queen Elisabeth II's reign now ...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Cadfael said:
I love the white up!s!

They somehow remind me of my first Polo in 1984 ...

The orange groove up! fancy seams look extremely good on a white up!

By the way ...
Could someone explain what the "63" means? You talked about the "63" before but I don't know the meaning. Does it state production year???
On my research about Roland bass amplifiers I found out that some dates on old Japanese Roland amplifier manuals stated the "Showa time" (reign of Hirohito).
It's the 63th year of Queen Elisabeth II's reign now ...
Exactly right. 63 = 2013. UK standard plates will have with a 6x number or the actual year the car has been manufactured (eg 13, 14).

Mine is a 2012 car so the number is 62.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
@ knightrider912: The Fender Sound System (made by Panasonic?) is also available for high up!s.
But most high up!s are equipped with two or 6 speakers. So, "Fender high up!s" are hard to find. It is standard in the groove up! (so, always built in) ...

As a hobby musician and owner of Fender basses, guitars and amplifiers, the Fender Sound System of the groove up! focused me upon the up! as my next car ...
In the end I took a high up with 6 speakers because with my low milage per year I have battery problems enough in winter - even without a built in extra amplifier.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Cars registered between 1st March 2014 and 31st August 2014 will get a 14 number and those registered between 1st September 2014 and 28th February 2015 will get a 64. From 1st March 2015 it will be 15, and so on.

In 2020 it will go to 20 and 70, then 21 and 71 the following year.

Edited by: Umiamz

·
Registered
325 Posts
AlanG said:
I like a story with a happy ending. What's with all those car stickers?

Surprised nobody has mentioned the "1.0 TSi" sticker!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Umiamz said:
Cars registered between 1st March 2014 and 31st August 2014 will get a 14 number and those registered between 1st September 2014 and 28th February 2015 will get a 64. From 1st March 2015 it will be 15, and so on. In 2020 it will go to 20 and 70, then 21 and 71 the following year.
Interesting system! Very British ...

On German cars the colour of the "vehicle inspection sticker" gives a hint how old the car might be. But this is very inaccurate! The police can at least see if your car is allowed to drive ...

We have the city/county ID (1-3 letters, mostly depending on the number of inhabitants). So you know that the other might not know the exact route and might drive a bit strange ...
And as I live in Dortmund, I can have a "DO UP" plate!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Umiamz said:
Surprised nobody has mentioned the "1.0 TSi" sticker!
I think VW's current up! home page also has the potential to be misleading, if you click the "Five clever ways to save" box at the bottom left, and read "Save every time you accelerate". Since the other three boxes are up!-specific, if I were a prospective up! BMT buyer who didn't know better I think I really might assume that the engine is a TSI

Edited by: +2/3 e

·
Registered
333 Posts
Your wing mirrors look totally different than the British
Speck also nice alloys
Phill

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey nice up! :)

Love the wheels, and I love the orange piping inside.

I'm in Glasgow. Vw up white edition ( best colour ;) )

Enjoyyyy
X

1 - 17 of 17 Posts