Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the forum and looking for a 5dr up I just wanted a high spec with as many toys as possible so was thinking about the high up in 60ps but the more I am reading people seem to recommend the TSI 90. I was wondering general opinions and which spec and engine to go for and what to look out for when buying used.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Our choice, having had 2 x 75bhp High Up's, 2 x Tsi's, (and I now have a Gti,) would be the Tsi, by a very large margin (if your choice is only between the 60bhp and the Tsi).
The wife still has her 18 plate Tsi, and in the real world isn't that much slower than a Gti, could be said to be more relaxed, and is just as good on fuel.
The Tsi engine , although being "only" 30bhp more than the 60, makes a world of a difference.
It's definitely the "sleeper" of the range.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Our choice, having had 2 x 75bhp High Up's, 2 x Tsi's, (and I now have a Gti,) would be the Tsi, by a very large margin (if your choice is only between the 60bhp and the Tsi).
The wife still has her 18 plate Tsi, and in the real world isn't that much slower than a Gti, could be said to be more relaxed, and is just as good on fuel.
The Tsi engine , although being "only" 30bhp more than the 60, makes a world of a difference.
It's definitely the "sleeper" of the range.
Couldn't agree more, I've had both and if you want more torque go for the TSI it pulls so much better when you put your foot down. If you're a steady driver and not worried about pace or going slowly up hills then go for the 75 High UP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts