Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the forum and looking for a 5dr up I just wanted a high spec with as many toys as possible so was thinking about the high up in 60ps but the more I am reading people seem to recommend the TSI 90. I was wondering general opinions and which spec and engine to go for and what to look out for when buying used.

·
Registered
205 Posts
It all depends on what you are currently driving, what you want out of the car and where you will be driving it.

The 60bhp and 75bhp cars are slow and are designed to be used in the city. That said they will happily cruise at 70mph on the motorway and will get you from A to B.

We have a 75bhp Mii and overtaking is a challenge and must be carefully planned, especially on country roads.

I think the 90bhp TSI is the sweet spot of the range with an useful extra bit of power to make a good all-round drivers car.

I bought a 75bhp Mii primarily for my 17 year old son to use and low insurance costs were important to me. Otherwise if I had been buying for other reasons I would have bought a TSI/GTI.

There are a few TSI owners on here who I am sure will be ready to add their thoughts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you like your vehicles to have a bit of urgency about them when you accelerate then go for the 90 TSi.
I tried the 75 before buying my 90 and that made my mind up rapidly in favour of the 90.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cheers for the heads up on the tsi, which is the better spec? As it comes in high up or beats or is there other models I have missed out

·
Registered
747 Posts
High Up spec way better IMO than the Beats.

·
Registered
177 Posts
up! Beats is basically a bog standard up, with a cool interior and nice speakers.
High up comes with so many gadgets that you will take for granted once you aren't in the car - can't think of a time I have got in the car and not taken advantage of a high up! feature

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m a TSi owner and love that it’s sooooo fun to drive. Not a slow car at all. Brings a smile as I drive it.
Highly recommend 90PS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info I was pretty much leaning towards the high up, just need to find a dealer near so I can see if my kit bag for work will fit in the boot

·
Registered
465 Posts
Agree, the TSi 90ps is the sweat spot, the forerunner of the GTI no less. Able to hold its own on the motorway, cruise at 85 (I've been told officer :rolleyes:) and accelerate without changing down, return 60 mpg and easily and fun to drive. Trim ? High Up has all the kit and you pay for it (so check you actually need it) The Beats edition has a light and airy interior (not dark grey) limited edition quilted seats with Alcantara, all the contact points are leather (steering wheel, gear knob and hand brake), mood lighting completes the picture. A nice place to be. As always, you pay your money and take your pick.................

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks for all the info I was pretty much leaning towards the high up, just need to find a dealer near so I can see if my kit bag for work will fit in the boot
Always worth a dry run, but from personal experience (and other posts) these Tardis boots can take everything from 2 standard suitcases to a 20"-wheeled folding bike to wheelchairs and prams (though not all at the same time...), so I would have thought your kit bag is safe!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts