Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of questions that I haven't found the answers to in the handbook.

1 Can you set the central locking so that the driver's door opens with one click and the passenger door with a double click, or does the dealer need to do it?

2 Can you set the doors to lock automatically once you drive away, or again is this something for the dealer?

3 Can you stream music from an iPhone to the Maps & More using Bluetooth or only only through the aux socket?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Royleblue said:
A couple of questions that I haven't found the answers to in the handbook.

1 Can you set the central locking so that the driver's door opens with one click and the passenger door with a double click, or does the dealer need to do it?

2 Can you set the doors to lock automatically once you drive away, or again is this something for the dealer?

3 Can you stream music from an iPhone to the Maps & More using Bluetooth or only only through the aux socket?
Hi Royleblue and welcome to the forum!
To answer your questions, The auto locking and locking set up will need to be done at the dealer, unless you have a laptop, VAG COM codes, and an OBD II connection.
As for the streaming music via your Iphone unfortunately I don't know about this as I don't have one, but usually it's easier to put your music on an SD card. You can still use ITunes to put your music on apparently but once again, I don't use this either.

Sorry about the last question but I hope this helps you.

Matt

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Matt.
You can set the central locking options through the trip computer on my Tiguan, so I thought here might have been a simple solution that I missed looking through the manual.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yes you can stream music to maps and more from your i phone using Bluetooth.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Unfortunately this cannot be done on the Up! My dealer said that would happily do some mods for me, like the "Follow me home" function "teardrop" function on the wipers, auto locking etc.

Glad to help you.

Matt

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
whats the follow me home function?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your answers.
I've had a play and found the BT function on the media player. You can also use Tunein Radio to effectively turn it into a DAB radio but I'm not sure how much that will eat into the phone's data allowance.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Theoretically TuneIn on an iPhone should only use 5mb of data every 5 minutes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
M4796P said:
Unfortunately this cannot be done on the Up! My dealer said that would happily do some mods for me, like the "Follow me home" function "teardrop" function on the wipers, auto locking etc.

Glad to help you.

Matt
Hi. That's interesting...is it best to get them to do the auto locking and follow me home at time of collection or OK to go to a dealership at a later date and get this done? Do they charge? Thanks for any info as collecting my Up on Friday.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Rockyroop said:
M4796P said:

Glad to help you.

Matt
Hi. That's interesting...is it best to get them to do the auto locking and follow me home at time of collection or OK to go to a dealership at a later date and get this done? Do they charge? Thanks for any info as collecting my Up on Friday.
You should be able to do both. If I were you, call your sales person and ask them if they can do it, before you collect it. My dealer said that they could do it any time, as long as a technician was available, and at no cost. But whether that was because I'd just bought it or not, I don't know.
I keep meaning to go back to get my re-programming done, but I don't mind paying a bit if they want it, as long as they actually do it.

I hope this helps.

Matt

·
Registered
604 Posts
I've just had my auto door locking programmed by dealer during my first service - free of charge

·
Registered
393 Posts
spud said:
I've just had my auto door locking programmed by dealer during my first service - free of charge
Nice one spud! I'm going to have to take a trip next week to my dealer next week me thinks.

Matt

·
Registered
811 Posts
M4796P said:
spud said:
Nice one spud! I'm going to have to take a trip next week to my dealer next week me thinks.

Matt

I was just thinking the same thing - teardrop wipers, follow me home lights and auto-locking. Parkway won't know what hit 'em.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I did ask them to increase indicator blinking from 3 to 5 but they must have forgotten, I know it can be done

1 - 16 of 16 Posts