Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
New here.. getting ready to order a new vw up - (selling my old Clio first)

I commute daily of 75 miles, was thinking the 75bhp would be the best bet but thought i would check for owners opinions on the 60 weather it would be capable..

I'm looking for a high up or higher spec at the moment as want a few extras

Anyone else use the up for a motorway commute ? how does it get on?

James

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi James,

I saw the high up! is only available with 75bhp in the UK?

In Germany we have 60 and 75PS for all fuel models ...

You might save fuel with a 75bhp high but also with a 60bhp move Blue Motion ...
The Blue Motion also might have no taxes???

I drove and rode the English motorways several holidays and it was always relaxing - compared to German motorways. I love your speed limits! British forum members may know much better than me - but I wouldn't care about 75 or 60bhp ...

I chose a German 60PS / bhp high up ...
I like the chrome - and wanted the Salsa Red seats ...
The new 2015 models (since May 2014) can have black roof lining with the alloy sport packs (something I wouldn't like - I love the spoke alloys).

If you think economic, 60BM might be even more cost saving than 75bhp for the motorway ...
BUT: Let your heart decide (extras, look) ...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your feedback, have had a look on the car configurator on vw website tonight
im currently looking at a High Up 75bhp 3 door with sports pack & poss sensor pack.
Tornado red i think :)

Can anyone help by telling me the service intervals and what needs to be carried out on the 1st 3 services, I work for a Volvo Dealership so servicing would be carried out there but using genuine VW parts

·
Registered
851 Posts
I had a 60bhp move up and recently part ex'd it for a 3 door high up in tungsten silver with sensor pack. I play my music on M&M and can look at fuel consumption on the dash display courtesy of the sensor pack. To be fair, i don't notice any performance difference between the two cars.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi James welcome to the forum, your question about motorway driving ,I go to my daughters once a week all
Motorway there and back ,about 130 miles hence buying the up the only thing I find it does catch the wind a little but nothing
Really to worry about as the car it's self is a fantastic drive in all weathers ,it's got good power it's not slow
It can keep up with the best of cars, it definitely won't disappoint ,I would also go with the 60 ,but it's your choice ,
It can be a wolf in sheep's clothing ,Hope that helps a little ,good luck , Regards Phill ,,

·
Registered
149 Posts
As Phillip says, it can keep up on the motorway no trouble. The bluemotion only really comes into its own in an urban situation due to the stop/start function, although the gearing is fractionally taller. Some owners of non-bluemotion up!s return 66 mpg on a run so it is brilliantly economical. The 2 engines drive the same below 3000 revs ( 70mph in 5th I believe). But if it was me, I would get the high up! with 75 hp just for that extra oomph when overtaking. Plus you get some nice kit as standard on the high up!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I do the majority of my driving round town, shortish trips hence im looking at the highup bluemotion 75. should I realistically expect to get 45mpg round town? I know the books figures are 55 but they're usually 15-20% out on most cars?

·
Registered
149 Posts
kathyp said:
I do the majority of my driving round town, shortish trips hence im looking at the highup bluemotion 75. should I realistically expect to get 45mpg round town? I know the books figures are 55 but they're usually 15-20% out on most cars?
Hi Kathy,

You should get 45+ mpg around town. My wife daps around town doing 1 mile trips ferrying her mother to the shops and doctor's appointments and the last tank averaged 45 mpg, funnily enough. When I drive it on say a 35 mile round trip to my mum's in Downend, I get 60 mpg. Getting it into 5th gear makes quite a difference, as one would expect. Our Mii is an ecomotive (SEAT's version of the bluemotion) with stop/start and regenerative braking, so it is free of road tax.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i have requested a quote at work today for a
High Up 75PS, Non Bluemotion
3 door, tornado red with red & black interior
& sports pack alloys etc.

Hopefully my staff discount (cost price) is nice and low as its 11700 on the VW configurator :(

I think the 75bhp makes sense as im used to driving a 106 bhp dci clio so will notice the drop in power..

Am i right in saying the high up has DAB radio guys?

·
Registered
14 Posts
jayup said:
Well i have requested a quote at work today for a
High Up 75PS, Non Bluemotion
3 door, tornado red with red & black interior
& sports pack alloys etc.

Hopefully my staff discount (cost price) is nice and low as its 11700 on the VW configurator :(

I think the 75bhp makes sense as im used to driving a 106 bhp dci clio so will notice the drop in power..

Am i right in saying the high up has DAB radio guys?

You are correct, I looked at this myself and DAB is now standard on the high-up :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
decided to buy a used High up, tornado red with sports pack and leatherette seats, so excited pick it up next week

·
Registered
851 Posts
Great spec. You get rear tints with that, don't you? Plus the triangle alloys and leatherette seats. Please indulge us with some pics!Edited by: AlanG

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Love the seats, the only option I regret not having!Enjoy...looks fabulous

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cheers, the seats i didnt originally plan to go for when i was going to buy a new one, but this used one had them, as soon as i sat in them i decided i needed them! so comfy,

I currently have a Clio with Renaultsport interior and the UP interior is far superior in comfort.

I work for Volvo so i am used to comfy seats :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there all.

We have just purchased a used (2 years) High Up with lovely low mileage and a great spec. Just traded in a Hyundai i10 for it. The car is great but it is so noisy compsred to the Hyundai and all the previous Polos that we have had. In fact I would say it sounds as if it is a diesel type car. I see from the forum that many people are complaining about this but no solution seems to be forthcoming. I hope I dop not regret this latest purchase.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts