Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Just signed up here to ask a few quesitons really - the Up's! do look funky, but I'm afraid I'm a bit of a killjoy as I've ordered a brand new VW Golf 'Match' 1.4 TSI (122.)

See you guys around.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Nowt wrong with a golf but really a whole different market sector to the up, here we are about 50:50 downsizing or not. Personally I'm getting the upto teach my son to drive in then giving it to him, then I'll need to get something for myself and I have to admit I'm liking the look of the new golf cabrio, ESP the Gti . Sense will prob prevail and I'll go for an up gt though

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Welcome. If you have to deviate from an up! A Golf is a suitable alternative.
Twice the price, but not twice as cute!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

Yeah you can't go wrong with a Golf GTI Cabriolet, nice looking cars just like the Up!

The only reason I didn't go for an Up is because it is too small a car for me & only a 1.0 litre.......I'm looking for something a little faster/powerful.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I'm done with whole power thing. 2.0 Turbo EOS gone and Up on the way! :)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I'm coming from a Kompressor Merc! Still reckon the UP! GT will be a real hoot......gocart style!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Horses for courses really. I've always driven small cars (Fiesta, Punto, Aygo) so the up! is actually a bit of an upgrade for me quality wise but I've never heard a bad word said about the Golf so I reckon you've made a pretty good choice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Golf is a nice car, but similar to an earlier poster we are downgrading to get the cheaper insurance to allow our son to learn to drive. Choice was really between the new Polo and the Up , with the Up winning due to it being a newer design and my wife preferring it (though she'd really like a Golf GTI!). I've been told it's 'our' car not 'hers' andI have to take my turn , though I'm reluctant to leave my Alfa in her hands!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
nice choice on going for a golf... so what questions do you have about the up... there are plenty of us around to answer them?!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
How much cheaper is it to buy, insure, run?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
How much cheaper is it to buy, insure, run?

A - Loads!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts