Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my name is Dom
I've just put my deposit down for my new up! Yesterday :) I've ordered a red move up!
Hopefully it will be with me soon - I'm excited as it's my first new car :D
Couple of questions..
Am I too late to get maps and more ?
And is it worth it?
I've seen some on eBay for less but can I fit it myself ?

Lastly what extras did everyone get ?
Thank youuu x

·
Registered
18 Posts
Maps and more can be installed later, but it involves cutting a hole in the dash. Whether it's worth it or not is a personal opinion. I like the trip computer on it, and it's handy for hands-free/texts on the couple of occasions I've needed to use it. Although the quality for the caller on the other end isn't great. I mainly use the Sat Nav on my phone, so can't really comment on that. I tried it for playing MP3s but I found that the music stutters quite a bit. I'm not sure if this is an SD card issue.

I have a Mayan blue High up!. I got the panoramic sun roof installed, but realised too late that I needed the city braking pack to be able to switch the air-bag off and on myself. Although my little one (or my wife for that matter) has yet to be in my car in the four month since she was born/I picked up my car. So I guess that's not an issue.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome to the Club!

Dominio said:
Am I too late to get maps and more ?
Probably not, if you contact your dealer pronto""“ the factory freezes the spec well before building the car.

You can't just buy one on eBay (or even from VW)""“ the car won't have the necessary wiring (or hole in the dash
). Itisn't completely impossible, though ""“ see e.g.here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts