Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
My mum has just got a red Take Up, with optional extra's such as Maps and More and the electric window pack. My mum was waved at by another UP owner the other day and she got rather excited by this.

After liking VW's ever since i've been able to drive, I have just sold my Clio Sport 182 to purchase my own UP.

I'm going for the white Take UP, with the same extra's as above with the service pack. I already know what i'm doing to it, and have already been quoted for an air kit to be installed by Havair. I am very into my stanced VW's and think the UP has huge potential, plus its cheap to run :)

Ordering it this Saturday after going to our local VW garage yesterday, I just had to make sure I got the cash for my car that I sold tonight.

I have already browsed the forum as a guest. Once received I will post progress of the modificatiosn that I have planned.

My previous modified car so you get an idea of my modifying tatse.

Cheers

Alex

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
welcome alex, How do you go over speed bumps (or even thick sticks!) when you lower your car that much?......sorry I'm an old fogey and never really 'got' the max-power mods but certainly respect the amount of time/effort and skill you clearly have put into it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a fair question.

This car was on hydraulic suspension, so could raise and lower as I liked when it needed to be raised.

Air suspension for the UP has been quoted for me, soI can go as low as this.....need the car first though

My intention is to keep it clean and simple

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Ahh variable suspension, Had that in a Discovery3 great fun.....although perhaps put to different use in the Landrover

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm already getting slated for buying an UP on my other forums, but I know how cheap it is to run, and I know I can make this look nice with a nice drop and the right wheels. If I stance it well and do the other btis and pieces in mind it will be worth it

·
Registered
587 Posts
I hope you this time you make sure you have a front number plate

Otherwise it will be don't pass 'g'o andstraightto jail!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi Alex, welcome to the forum.

I was interested to hear about your plans for the Up. Although I'm not into modifying cars these days, why not give your car a classic VW theme instead of going down the lower, smoother, de-badged route - everyone and his dog has done this.

Classic VW theme? Buy some of the bits from say VW Heritage - chrome wheels, moon rings, white walled tyres etc and give your car a sort of retro look. You could also give the interior are-trim, if you are really serious, with some of the more traditional materials. Perhaps even a new paint job with a modern (pearlescent) version of some of the classic shades. I'm thinking VW retro with a modern twist.

Anyway, just an idea...I've almost tempted myself into modifying my own car now!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it's now officially ordered! White take up with option extras! Maps and more and comfort pack along with spare wheel and service pack!

Things to get before it arrives such as mats, new bulbs, sd card

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Sounds like a good plan lucky jimmy. Now we just need someone to do it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts